cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Front Base not showing CPU Fan Speed

jmlt8
Level 7
Hello.
Recently I've bought a Asus z170 Pro Gaming and came with a ROG Front base offer, I've been trying for hours to get it working correctly, I've tried all the versions available on the site, with and without ROG connect plus, HWmonitor and Al suite show the correct values but front base doesn't and I can't get it fixed. 😞
at the moment running V1.01.17 driver. Does anybody knows how to fix this?
BIOS: Z170 PRO GAMING BIOS 1206
CPU: i5 6600k
Cooler: CM 212 EVO
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Jagdseelen
Level 8
What connection is your CPU fan connected to?

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
Do you see any fan speeds on the other channels of the Front Base, CPU 2, Fan 1, 2 or 3?

Jagdseelen wrote:
What connection is your CPU fan connected to?

It is connected to cpu fan 1

Code_Frenzy wrote:
Do you see any fan speeds on the other channels of the Front Base, CPU 2, Fan 1, 2 or 3?

For example if I change to chasi 2/3 it shows you the speed correctly but then goes 0000. I think it is a drives thing because during startup everything works fine except the cpu freq. When the OS load fan metter stops working and freq. stars to Work.

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
I'm interested to know what happens if you shutdown AND fully power off the PC. Then after a minute or two reapply power and reboot. Is it still the same?
Next try and re-flash the firmware to the Front Base, no need to re-install the driver just flash the Front Base with V48. It's it still the same?
I only ask because I have problems with my Front Base which only occurs if I fully power it down and other users have shared similar experiences.

Code_Frenzy wrote:
I'm interested to know what happens if you shutdown AND fully power off the PC. Then after a minute or two reapply power and reboot. Is it still the same?
Next try and re-flash the firmware to the Front Base, no need to re-install the driver just flash the Front Base with V48. It's it still the same?
I only ask because I have problems with my Front Base which only occurs if I fully power it down and other users have shared similar experiences.

makes sense. how do I "flash" the front base?

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
In the folder that contains the driver there is another folder called FBFW and inside of this is the application you need to run to flash the Front Base. If memory serves me correct I think it's simply called "ROG Front Base", I'm away from my PC at the moment and so can't check.
Click the "..." button and select the firmware which is located in the same folder. If installing V48 you need to select the second entry that is listed (the first one always fails for me!). Once selected hit the start button and in a few seconds it should be updated.
You can check which version is currently installed by shutting down the PC and with power still on the Front Base press and hold the select knob for at least 5 seconds. The top right hand corner will display the currently installed version.

Code_Frenzy wrote:
In the folder that contains the driver there is another folder called FBFW and inside of this is the application you need to run to flash the Front Base. If memory serves me correct I think it's simply called "ROG Front Base", I'm away from my PC at the moment and so can't check.
Click the "..." button and select the firmware which is located in the same folder. If installing V48 you need to select the second entry that is listed (the first one always fails for me!). Once selected hit the start button and in a few seconds it should be updated.
You can check which version is currently installed by shutting down the PC and with power still on the Front Base press and hold the select knob for at least 5 seconds. The top right hand corner will display the currently installed version.

just recorded all the thing, check it out https://youtu.be/WWdO31_Yhs4

jmlt8
Level 7
Update.
I managed to get it fixed. I noticed a while ago that aaHMSvc.exe (essencial to Al studio) was causing this trouble, today I noticed that Al studio has CPU FAN and CPU FAN 1 which are the same but 1 was showing correctly and the other wasn't so I went to aaHMSvc.ini and changed CPU_FAN 1 values to CPU_FAN and now everything is working fine, Al studio values are correct and ROG front base is also displaying everything correctly.

😄