Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by rachcampitos View Post
    what do you exactly recommend? to do a clean install or to reset windows like the guy in this post? the result at the end is the same or is any difference besides clean install and reset windows?
    For laptops I always lean AWAY FROM A CLEAN INSTALL.

If you just look at the 100s if not thousands of posts here of issues after a clean install you will see why.

Its much easier to save the factory image and recover from that. First thing I do with a laptop is run updates, remove any bloatware I dont want with Ccleaner, clone the drive then take the original out and put it away for the awcrap moments or if I need to RMA (so I dont have to worry about personal files or hearing some lame excuse of how it wont work with the drive or whats installed)

ROG Member Array markelle14 PC Specs
    markelle14 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG g752vt
    MotherboardASUS i7
    ProcessorASUS i7
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr4
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970M
    Headset SIBERIA STEELSERIES
    Mouse Pad GX850
    Headset/Speakers SIBERIA STEELSERIES
    OS Win10

How can I Create a F9 auto recovery?

Hello GENIUSES and MASTERS!! i have my g752vt last week and its a 2nd hand but its neat and fresh, My problem is How can I have the F9 auto recovery?

I just bought this notebook and When I tried to reset and SPAMMING F9 is nothing.

My question is How can I create an F9 Auto recovery? can i do that myself? or do i need to go to asus tech centre?

What I have found is this STEP
    https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013001

but when i tried that this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	63940

MY status is
    OS WIN10 is installed in SSD m.2 128gb
    and my Backup is the HDD partitioned in Half

please help
    Thanks in Advance

ROG Member Array markelle14 PC Specs
    markelle14 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG g752vt
    MotherboardASUS i7
    ProcessorASUS i7
    Memory (part number)16GB ddr4
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970M
    Headset SIBERIA STEELSERIES
    Mouse Pad GX850
    Headset/Speakers SIBERIA STEELSERIES
    OS Win10

UP for this TIA

New ROGer Array

Hi there!

I have a similar issue, could you please share your thoughts? I got in touch with the live chat support but they
    1) Insisted in making me do a clean install
    2) Said my data was forever lost, even on the third disk (I have 2 512MB SSD drives, plus 1TB HDD)
    3) Have no idea on how to restore the "ROG" setup. So, the booting logo, the Gift pack and other stuff I'd like to preserve
    4) Suggested me to send it to a repair center, because "it was a hardware problem".

What really happened:
    I own a ASUS G752VS-BA266T (G752VS/I7/32G/1T+1024SSD/1070/W10)

1) I updated win10 with the latest build
    2) I chose to revert to the previous one. There were different options, many saying that the OS would have been reinstalled, to make backups, etc. and there was also a "Clean Install" option. AND there also was a "Restore previous build", which wasn't accompanied by any warnings. So I went for it. Sounded pretty safe. It was probably just a little rollback.
    3) I chose that option, it took a while shutting down with a "restoring previous build...". Went to bed.
    4) Next morning I switched it on. And I'm stuck in the BIOS. It recognises the presence of the drives but I don't have a boot to windows option.

I'm pretty sure everything it still there, at least, some data I may want to backup, but I don't know how to trigger the ASUS restore partition to at least let me access the files. Or overwrite the past Windows install.

I definitely don't want to send it back, I can't wait weeks now, I have a deadline. I'm also trying with USB Live Linux distros, but I can't seem to access the disks. Or, the Key doesn't boot up unless I use Rufus (and for some reason it takes like 2 hours to create a 1.4 GB USB bootable image (on an old PC). Other methods are faster (WinISO, little USB bootable tools), but they don't work when booting.

What does your experience suggest? Is it possible that there isn't any way to trigger the restore partition when stuck at the BIOS?

Is the clean install really going to overwrite D: (C contains both SSDs), even if usually Windows automatically renames the old Windows folder and leave everything as it was?

I just need a temporary solution to work now, after recovering a few files, I may even send it back for total restore after a month. Afterall, I bought it only 2 months ago. And also has lots of white bleeding in the screen.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Not sure but it sounds to me that you have 2 512 SSD in Raid 0, and you have broken the Raid or lost the RAID Driver either way I don't think its recoverable Your D Drive is in the SATA 2.5" slot and should be ok just pull it out. pull the back cover off and remove that drive for safe keeping you can connect it to another computer either in an external case or SATA to USB adapter or plug it straight in to a SATA connection internally on a desktop to check that your data is still there. I can't advise you on the RAID 0 with your other 2 SSD's There may be some way to recover the RAID that's over my head by itself much less with NVME and M.2 SSD's.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Not sure but it sounds to me that you have 2 512 SSD in Raid 0, and you have broken the Raid or lost the RAID Driver either way I don't think its recoverable Your D Drive is in the SATA 2.5" slot and should be ok just pull it out. pull the back cover off and remove that drive for safe keeping you can connect it to another computer either in an external case or SATA to USB adapter or plug it straight in to a SATA connection internally on a desktop to check that your data is still there. I can't advise you on the RAID 0 with your other 2 SSD's There may be some way to recover the RAID that's over my head by itself much less with NVME and M.2 SSD's.
    Hi, I tinkered with the bios until 7am and found a solution

*BEWARE EVERYONE, a solution TO MY ISSUE, DON'T FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOU'RE NOT HAVING MY VERY SAME ISSUE, AND EVEN THEN, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Definitely undocumented.

In the BIOS, Clear all of your boot "Keys". It will say that you're entering Setup mode. Save and Exit.

Windows will then boot again and will continue the rollback operation. Eventually it will still leave you with the SAME build, making all this a waste of time, but all your programs, settings, data, is still going to be there. WORKING.

No install, no total wipe, nothing. Glad to have ignored the extreme solutions of the technical support (even sending it back because of a "hardware failure"!).

Now I only have some garbage in my root disk (windows.old, $SysReset, $WINDOWS.~BT) but everything is working fine.
    This is definitely some untested feature on a ROG, I can't believe Windows or ASUS didn't report the issue.

Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by NeatWolf; 08-03-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Necessary warning

ROG Junior Member Array

I had a similar issue with my G703GX recently. I performed a system restore which failed and then upon next boot discovered that my nvme raid0 array had broken (failed in the bios) hence machine unbootable.
    I took the following steps to try to recover:
    I noted down the 128k stripe size for the failed array
    deleted the array then created a new raid0 array with the same stripe size
    booted to winpe, installed latest rst drivers (which allowed raid array to be detected) and then ran testdisk to recover the partitions from previous array. I chose the partitions which had volume labels (SYSTEM(efi), OS(win10),RECOVERY(containing winre.wim)) and which did not have sector overlaps.
    SO at least now i have the partitions back, however windows no longer boots nor can i initiate any kind of recovery sequence.
    Am a bit stuck at this point so any advice much appreciated, but at least hopefully this helps anyone who thought that once they have a raid array problem their data is irretrievable

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by jyones View Post
    I had a similar issue with my G703GX recently. I performed a system restore which failed and then upon next boot discovered that my nvme raid0 array had broken (failed in the bios) hence machine unbootable.
    I took the following steps to try to recover:
    I noted down the 128k stripe size for the failed array
    deleted the array then created a new raid0 array with the same stripe size
    booted to winpe, installed latest rst drivers (which allowed raid array to be detected) and then ran testdisk to recover the partitions from previous array. I chose the partitions which had volume labels (SYSTEM(efi), OS(win10),RECOVERY(containing winre.wim)) and which did not have sector overlaps.
    SO at least now i have the partitions back, however windows no longer boots nor can i initiate any kind of recovery sequence.
    Am a bit stuck at this point so any advice much appreciated, but at least hopefully this helps anyone who thought that once they have a raid array problem their data is irretrievable
    This is a GOOD reason NOT to make RAID 0 M.2 NVMe partitions.

Hope you kept a copy of your eSupport folder.
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Junior Member Array

I do have a copy of the esupport folder, in fact i have all 3 default system partitions intact (SYSTEM,OS,RECOVERY), however the system doesnt boot due to a failed system restore process and I would like to find out how I can restore to "out of box" using the data that is there even though the system is not bootable. Any advice or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, I'm not expecting to be spoonfed just to be pointed in the right direction so that I can research the solution for myself. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2