cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G752VY System Recovery to the factory state? - solved

DUST_DEVIL
Level 9
I want to make a system recovery to the factory state

Will this recover my Asus G752vy to the factory state I got when I booted up the laptop for the first time, with whole Asus soft installed, with all soft installed? Or is it going to be a clean copy of Windows 10 and all ASUS soft (Game fast III, Sonic Studio II etc) will be deleted?
18 REPLIES 18

toronto699
Level 13
The option "keep your files " u should not lose anything ,it will leave all installed programs installed it will not be factory state , any programs installed will be kept , it will fix W10 OS files if they are corrupt or missing ,
before u do W10 Reset Your PC , make copy of "esupport" files just in case
There's actually a Driver CD on the computer called esupport. It has EVERYTHING you need/. Just should back this folder up prior to doing a clean install or PC Reset.
More info here
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81003-G752VT-clean-install-some-issues-found-and-questions...

Thank you!

Can I restore the Windows to Factory State? There is a backup partition, right? Can I do with my G752vy the same as this guy did with his 751? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rCZnwinso

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes you can go to factory state, select reset this PC and clean the drive and it puts you right back to square one. Just be prepared to get it started and walk away as it takes quite a bit of time as in a few hours. This is of course with the understanding you did not do a clean install of windows on your PC and wipe the recovery partition like so many others do. It will be as if you just pulled it out of the box and turned it on for the first time.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Great! Could you please break the steps for me? Should I do it from Bios (pressing F9 at the very start) or is there an option to do it from the working windows?

toronto699
Level 13
JustinThyme is very smart technically one of the best on the forums if not the best

JustinThyme
Level 13
The f9 is for when you cant get into windows but you can use it either way.

From windows
Start>settings>Update and security>Recovery>Reset this PC.

To get to factory state simple choose reset>OK>Only the drive where windows is installed (unless you want to wipe the D drive too then select all drives)>Just remove my files(fully clean takes forever as it wipes the drives) then on the follwing screen click the OK, last chance to back out as once you click OK on the last screen you are committed.

When its done you will be back to just like it was when you pulled it out of the box (with the exception of your D drive if you kept those files). When it reboots you will see "Hello" and be entering initial set up just as you did the first time you powered it on.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

DUST_DEVIL
Level 9
Thank you! Worked like charm! This thread can be closed 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
Awesome! We are all happy to help out a brother in need! :cool:

JustinThyme wrote:
Awesome! We are all happy to help out a brother in need! :cool:

what do you exactly recommend? to do a clean install or to reset windows like the guy in this post? the result at the end is the same or is any difference besides clean install and reset windows?