cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking i7-3770K in Maximus 5 Extreme mobo. Can anyone help me?

amisfit
Level 7
Hello. I've been currently looking for a good guide on how to overclock an i7-3770K CPU with a Maximus 5 Extreme motherboard that is good for beginner overclockers. I'm very inexperienced, in other words not experienced at all. I was doing a search in these forums but so far the only guide I've come across is for a Maximus 5 Formula and I'm not sure how close to the Extreme board that one is. Should I just try to follow that guide or is there another good guide somewhere online that anyone could direct me to? Thanks very much for any help or tips.

Here is some info of my current system:

CPU: Intel i7-3770K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Mobo: ASUS Maximus 5 Extreme
Memory: 32GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 RipjawsZ Series (10-10-10-30)
Video cards: Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX-680 x2 in SLI
Power supply: Corsair AX860i
Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (will upgrade to Windows 10 eventually)
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
1 REPLY 1

Legolas
Level 9
amisfit wrote:
Hello. I've been currently looking for a good guide on how to overclock an i7-3770K CPU with a Maximus 5 Extreme motherboard that is good for beginner overclockers. I'm very inexperienced, in other words not experienced at all. I was doing a search in these forums but so far the only guide I've come across is for a Maximus 5 Formula and I'm not sure how close to the Extreme board that one is. Should I just try to follow that guide or is there another good guide somewhere online that anyone could direct me to? Thanks very much for any help or tips.

Here is some info of my current system:

CPU: Intel i7-3770K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Mobo: ASUS Maximus 5 Extreme
Memory: 32GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 RipjawsZ Series (10-10-10-30)
Video cards: Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX-680 x2 in SLI
Power supply: Corsair AX860i
Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (will upgrade to Windows 10 eventually)
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Please reference:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38018-Ivy-Bridge-E-Easy-Overclocking-Guide-%96-The-Listy-W...
Some CPU can handle 1.4V @ 4.8Ghz (2%), and some 1.4@4.6Ghz (48%)-(success rate)
Sincerely,
Legolas