cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Strix 7.1 Gaming Headset.How does it compare to Tritton AX Pro 5.1?

amisfit
Level 7
I have a question about the Strix 7.1 gaming headset. I've been using an original Tritton AX Pro 5.1 gaming headset since it was first released. I have not found a headset that is as good sounding or as versatile. I can use it for both PC and console gaming. And the surround sound effect is pretty good. I have not heard a headset that has been better or even equal to the sound quality of my Tritton AX Pro. And as I mentioned, I can use it easily with every console I own, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and I wouldn't be surprised if it works well with an Xbox One. I can also use the separate headset volume controls independently from the game audio volume controls as well as mute the voice chat coming from other players and mute the game audio independently of each other.

So my question is how does the Strix 7.1 gaming headset compare to the Tritton AX Pro in both sound quality and features? Would I get a comparable sound quality from the Strix headset as I do with the Tritton? Could I use the Strix headset with all my consoles for both voice chat and surround sound game audio? Could I control the game audio volume and the voice chat volume independently from each other using the Strix headset like I can with the Tritton?

Please keep in mind, when I mention the Tritton AX Pro please don't confuse it with the latest Tritton AX Pro+ as that is a different model. That is the latest model from Tritton after the company was bought by Mad Catz. The headset version I am referring to is the original AX Pro made by Tritton when they were not owned by Mad Catz. The newest AX Pro+ is horrible in sound quality compared to the older AX Pro that I own. I know because I tried to buy the newest AX Pro+ and tried it out personally for several hours. It just was not of the same or even equal quality soundwise to my older AX Pro's.

This is the newest AX Pro+. I do not own this.

And this is the older AX Pro model I own.

Any input would be appreciated, but please try to keep it limited to comparing the Strix 7.1 headset to the Tritton AX Pro model I am referring to. I am specifically looking for people with firsthand experience using both headsets, or one or the other. If you have never used a Tritton AX Pro, or a Strix 7.1 headset your input will not be very useful or that helpful to me.

Thank you for reading and/or responding and have a good day.
0 REPLIES 0