cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog g771jw no post no bios no boot

kokaz92
Level 7
Hello guys. I have a problem with my G771JW laptop.
At one point i was using Ubuntu as a secondary OS next to Windows 10.
I stopped using it and went to the bios options to delete the boot options for the Ubuntu so it doesn't prompt me at every startup.
But then the notebook wouldn't boot at all - no POST (the ROG logo at startup), i screen wasn't lit at all - just nothing.
The keyboard backlight just goes on and off every 2 seconds and the status LED's just blink from right to left one after the other like a pendulum.
The DVD drive seems to be working properly. I tried to boot from a CD nor USB stick with no success.
I tried swapping the hard drives, the RAM and took out the cmos battery to reset the bios but no luck at all with nothing.
Has anybody experienced this and if so what did you do? The notebook is 9 months old and has been used heavily.

Thank you.

Specs:
i7 4720HQ 2.6-3.6 Ghz
16gb ddr3 ram
Adata 120 GB SSD Drive
Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
WIndows 10
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Have you been able to get back in the BIOS at all?
Sounds like you may have been a bit over zealous with the deletion of boot options.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Have you been able to get back in the BIOS at all?
Sounds like you may have been a bit over zealous with the deletion of boot options.

NOPE. i tried blindly navigating but it seems that the laptop reboots itself every 3 seconds and i even if i was blindly accessing the BIOS there isnt enough time to change any settings...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Is your AC adapter putting out the right voltage? Are you getting any beeps at all?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Is your AC adapter putting out the right voltage? Are you getting any beeps at all?

I tried with 2 different adapters from friends the the same model - no success. No beeps no nothing. It literally does nothing besides blinking led notifications below the touchpad (i tried looking up the sequence of the blinking but found no reference of it) and turning the backlight of the keyboard on and off

Gps3dx
Level 12
If indeed you cannot enter the BIOS AT ALL, then it might be corrupt.
Try to perform bios recovery flash, sort of like asus's motherboard "bios free-crash".
Please take a look here for more info.
I guess your bios bin file should be renamed "G771JWAS.BIN", as this is the file name that asus provides in the official download site for the G771JW.
The source of that procedure is based on info from THIS THREAD that discusses the recovery procedure on the G75/G55 serie...
so it might be true also for the G751/G771 serie and up as well.

Please note that you need to put the BIN file in the root folder of C drive... for that, take the HDD/SSD out and use another PC for that.
hope that helps you.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]