cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Strix 980 ti, what to choose :)

Stylee
Level 7
Hi guys and gals 🙂

So upgraded from a strix 970 to a strix 980 ti however one week in I have a fan bearing issue in fan 2, I have been trying to decide whether to stick with the Strix 980 ti or pay the difference and treat myself to the ROG Matix 980 ti.

Dont get me wrong I like the Strix 980 ti but on the looks alone (asthetically fitting my build that is) the matrix would be the finishing touch but was wondering what your thoughts are and if any of you have any cons of going to the matrix from the strix or vice versa. I know theres a price premum going for the matrix but I work hard and like to buy the best rather than wish I had later on.

Any feedback would be welcome 🙂

Cheers
Stylee
I9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz - ASUS Maximus XII Hero - Corsair Vengeance PRO @ 3200 4x16gb
ASUS TUF 3090 OC - FD Define R6 -Custom Loop - A cat called Nacho 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi Stylee

It's a tough call with pascal just around the corner, if it were me I'd probably stick with the strix and go for the pascal titan with HBM2 memory when it's released.

I have the Matrix 980 Ti and it is an awesome gpu. On the stock bios I can get to 1488MHz on the core and 4100MHz on the memory. You can solder the LN2 pins to unlock the voltage and enable the LN2 bios for extreme overclocking but you will need a waterblock to do this.

Stylee
Level 7
thanks Nate,

Was thinking the same but unsure of when the pascal gpu's will hit the market. Only issue I have is I had only just bought the strix and have the ability to call in to the retailer and pay a small amount to get the matrix.

Thinking on I should have kept hold of the 970 and gone big bang when the new gpu's were released just dont want to leave myself without a GPU lol. is there an ETA on the new cards, I will have a little mouch on the net in a min to see what I can find 🙂

Cheers again
Stylee
I9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz - ASUS Maximus XII Hero - Corsair Vengeance PRO @ 3200 4x16gb
ASUS TUF 3090 OC - FD Define R6 -Custom Loop - A cat called Nacho 🙂