Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - DVD Drive

Retired
Not applicable
Need some help with my DVD Drive
G73JW - Slimline Type BD E DS4E1S

I don't normally use my optical drive and can't really remember the last time I used it.
Wanted to burn a DVD today but the DVD is not being recognised - just get the message "Insert a disc".
Listening to the drive it does spin up but the disc is not being recognised.

I tried a Music CD and Movie DVD and same result - nothing is recognised.

Also tried to uninstall the drive, rebooted and windows automatically reinstalled but same result - no discs recognised.

Any tips on what to do next?

Thanks in advance for the help.
8 REPLIES 8

dstrakele
Level 14
Does Windows Explorer fail to display files on a CD or DVD that has content written to it?

Or does Roxio CinePlayer fail to recognize the disk?

Does the solution in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 resolve your issue?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Kipper
Level 10
download ImgBurn, its free

Tools, filter driver load order. capture the window and provide it in this thread.

Usually or at least sometimes it is a problem with upper filters and this will show us what you have on your system

Kipper wrote:
download ImgBurn, its free

Tools, filter driver load order. capture the window and provide it in this thread.

Usually or at least sometimes it is a problem with upper filters and this will show us what you have on your system

Hi!

I have same problem. My drive worked perfectly but when I tried to copy DVD with Nero 10 something went wrong and now it's not working. I deleted UpperFilter (there was no LowerFilters) but still not working...

My computer: ASUS G74SX-1ATY

Please help!

PiaRowley
Level 7
capture the window and provide it in this thread.

Retired
Not applicable
PiaRowley wrote:
capture the window and provide it in this thread.

The issue is the entire drive. It is shown on WIndows Explorer but no discs are recognised whether DVD or CD.

When I insert a disc there is no prompt to open it. When I select the drive on explorer I get a message telling me to insert a disc even though a disc is already in there 😞

Thanks for any help. I checked the microsoft link but no I don't have those KB errors.

OlegLTS
Level 7
I have the same problem

Same problem here too !

cl-scott
Level 12
Have you tried deleting the upper and lower filters from the registry?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/upperfilters-lowerfilters.htm