cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem with the status FROZEN at my SSD disks.

halgir
Level 7
Hey,

Recently, I bought a motherboard Asus RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME and I have a big problem, because my two SSDs
(Samsung 840 EVO 1TB and Samsung 840 Series 256GB Pro) are still FROZEN status.
I done a few times secure erase with "Secure Erase" at Tools in BIOS and Parted Magic. But that does not help, always returns status FROZEN.
Windows 7 installer does not see the disks, and so I can not install a fresh system.
Apart from the problem with the installation of Windows, these disks work properly with this motherboard.
Perfectly work with my old laptop Alienware and they have a status unfrozen in Parted Magic.
I do not know if I can fix this, or I have to buy motherboard from another company.
It seems to me that it was not so from the beginning, because I installed earlier Windows 7 (SSD 1GB) and Windows 10 (256GB SSD).
Please help, because I'm really desperate already.
Sorry for my English.

Regards
halgir
12 REPLIES 12

Chino wrote:
Are your SSDs visible inside the Rampage V Extreme's BIOS?

Yes, only the windows installer does not see.

Chino wrote:
Have you tried secure erasing them?

Yes, I did a few times with "Secure Erase" at Tools in BIOS and Parted Magic. But that does not help, always returns status FROZEN after restart the computer..

GoNz0-
Level 10
Try a PSID revert on both drives
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62276273/Samsung%20PSID%20Revert.zip
Make sure you take a picture of the PSID of both so you can easily read it when running the app.

GoNz0- wrote:
Try a PSID revert on both drives
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62276273/Samsung%20PSID%20Revert.zip
Make sure you take a picture of the PSID of both so you can easily read it when running the app.

Unfortunately, I can not do, because the program says:
"There is no TCG activated device."

Chino
Level 15
That's how it works.

Your drives will be frozen when you try to use the Secure Erase Utility in the BIOS. It will prompt a restart. After a restart, you can proceed to secure erase them.

Chino wrote:
That's how it works.

Your drives will be frozen when you try to use the Secure Erase Utility in the BIOS. It will prompt a restart. After a restart, you can proceed to secure erase them.

Of course I did. I finished successfully secure erase on my the computer and the laptop for both the drives.
But after a reboot or connected to the computer (when the secure erase was done already in a laptop) status FROZEN returns.
I done it as well with hot plug.

GoNz0-
Level 10
mine used to say frozen if they were selected as the boot device, can you set the usb stick to the default?