oogawooga

G73JH grey screen, white screen, black screen, purple screen even after vbios

okay... so im one of the unlucky guys who get the constant gsod. i installed the vbios that bryan posted, but still no luck

ive tried catalyst 10.7, 10.8 and the stock with heaven 2.1 but i still get the screens of deaths and have to hard shutdown

please guys i really need your help... this is the only gaming laptop i want right now and i dont wan't to return it(i have only 30 days, and bought it from tigerdirect refurbished, and they are out of stock sadly)

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Have you updated your motherboard BIOS to 209 or 211? (You also like to post everywhere...)
    Kicking Ass Since Today

oogawooga
    yeah haha even on notebookforums thats how bad i wanna get this thing fixed..... and yes im on 211, this morning when i first turned on the computer i got the blueish-grey screen of death while windows was applying update at the start -___-

update: imma just post what i had on the other forum

"yeah im on bios 211, and have already tried 10.11, 10.8, 10.7 and stock, but still no luck =[ i dont have to be gaming and it can still shut off, but it occurs much more often when i do

EX:
    -when i first turned on my computer windows was applying update and was stuck at 0 for quite some time, and then i got a blueishgrey screen death

-i turned on the computer and double clicked mozilla right away without letting everything load and got a white screen

oh and for some reason i think ive gsod faster on the stock drives which is really wierd"

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

just for giggles, open up HWINFO32 and paste a copy of your vBIOS version, if you would.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

oogawooga
    where would i find that? if it's in the system 32 i couldnt find it

my bios is g73Jh 211
    my video bios is 012.020.000.032.0383.G730

oh thanks for the replies i really appreciate your effort in helping me

oogawooga
    btw ive already tried 10.4-10.8 10.10c-10.11 and they all still get a gray, or black screen
    10.6 lasted the longest (25mins lol....)

oogawooga
    hah... day 2 computer stops showing anything on screen...... vga must be dead what a total let down

Spunkgamer
    Did you purchase this at a retail store? If so exchange it for a differant one. If purchased from a online vender call them and see what there exchange protocal is. Last resort is RMA and the fun begins.

Contact the place of purchase and start the RMA process, this sounds like a GPU hardware failure.