cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raceroom Experience

Nate152
Hi ROGer's

For those of you who like racing games there are are some pretty good free ones online, me and Ntwlf was playing this the other night and it's pretty good for a free game. Some of it is free but you can buy tracks and cars if you want to, it has multiplayer with dedicated servers and anyone can race. Feel free to post any racing games you guys play. 🙂

This game is Raceroom Experience and is played through Steam, here is the link if you want to give it a try.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/

Screenshot
12 REPLIES 12

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi ROGer's,

RaceRoom Experience is a Racing Simulator in pretty much every aspect. It has different difficulty levels you can chose to play. But be forewarned in choosing "GETREAL" difficulty. haha... If you have never driven a real race car this could be as close as you can get. Hopefully not into the wall! LOL

It doesn't have all the pretty scenery as the arcade racers, such as the Need for Speed series, The Crew, and others. It's all about Real World Racing in it's fullest extent possible. In other words, what the Real World Racers are focused on and the regulations they must abide by is what RaceRoom Experience presents.

Nate152 and I have recently found this game and are still learning about everything the game offers. He's usually kicking my butt (haha), as I'm currently using my old PC with a Pentium4 single core cpu, GTX 285 with 1GB vram gpu and only 4GB ram against his monster ROG Maximus VIII Formula. My new build isn't ready yet, so I'm trying my best. LOL

As Nate152 said, everyone's welcome to share their racing games of choice here too.

Nate152
Ntwlf - When you get your pc together (soon) with your formula board, we can truly call this formula racing. 😄

And yeah the servers that say "Get Real" are hard to drive on, you need to be easy on the gas or you're spun out before you even get going.

Nate152 wrote:
Ntwlf - When you get your pc together (soon) with your formula board, we can truly call this formula racing. 😄

"MAXIMUS" FORMULA RACING!... Love It! :cool:

toronto699
Level 13
What do u both use as controllers in racing games ?

toronto699
Level 13
IC , Do Both of u own a Porsche as well , thanks , I keep banging into things as I'm trying those games with a keyboard and mouse

Nate152
LOL , I haven't bought any cars or tracks and it's harder to play with a mouse and keyboard. I find it's easier if you change the view to where you just see the track.

To change the view press the INS key above the DEL key.

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi toronto699,

I haven't purchased any features of RaceRoom Experience either. I plan to in the future as I get more experience in playing the game though.

Homepage here: http://game.raceroom.com/

Playing the game with a keyboard and mouse is the most challenging. All the controls are either "full-on" or "full-off", no progressive increase/decrease as far as I can tell.

I also thought I'd add "this" for those unfamiliar with racing wheels, a particular feature found on some racing wheels...

As Nate152 said, I have the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel. Also, both of our wheels have the built in "force feedback" feature. Force Feedback adds a new dimension to the racing experience. There is a motor connected to the steering wheel through gearing that gives the wheel a life of it's own, so to speak. When playing racing games that support this feature, the wheel is controlled to react to road conditions. This feature adds the realism of actually driving a race vehicle, as it gives a sensory input to your hands as to what the car is doing on the track. Examples are: rough roads = wheel jerk left & right, high speed = a stiffer wheel to turn, vehicle airborne = no turning resistance. It's an awesome experience the first time racing with a force feedback wheel controller.

The Logitech G27 Racing Wheel was discontinued late 2015 upon the release of their G29 Racing Wheel. Thus the current inflated price, nearly double of it's original selling price. It also appears that Logitech is getting out of the controller market all together. Sheesh, they had some good controllers.

The Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel USB 1.0 came out in mid 1998, and has been discontinued for a number of years. Many used ones can be found online, as well as a few NIB (new in box) ones at nearly $200 over the original selling price. If choosing this wheel verify it is the USB version, otherwise you may end up with an outdated serial port connection on it's cord.

Also to add, there may be a few games that doesn't easily recognize both our present wheels, at least without extra configuration within the games controller options/settings. RaceRoom Experience readily recognized the G27, but the Sidewinder needed some manual configuration.

Nate152
Yeah the sidewinder wheel took me a little bit to figure out how to set it as the primary controller then program the wheel, pedals and buttons. The force feedback is pretty cool, sometimes it pulls against you and have to man handle it. It also has vibration where sometimes it will feel like you have a flat tire or it will shake a little bit if you go over rumble strips or off the track. The last racing game I played was top gear rally on Nintendo 64 back in 1998 it was good for its time but 18 years later things have gotten a lot better, the force feedback and vibration adds a good bit of realism.

Ntwlf you got me back into racing games, hurry up and get your pc together so we can race again. 🙂

Have you ever played this at the arcade? I remember this one and was pretty good for its time too.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8072