cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS Connect still broken on windows 10?

flyinion
Level 12
I'd forgotten about this bug that was reported months ago and just wiped Win8.1 and installed a clean install of Win 10 Pro on my M7F on Tuesday night. Things seemed ok, until last night after installing some games. Couldn't quite tell if I was getting surround or not. Then after installing my old Adobe CS3 suite at some point I noticed the sound doing weird things. Loaded up a game and the rear left speaker would be blasting, headphones seemed to work fine. Then I tried to play a video file on the desktop and it errored out. Thought maybe I was missing a codec until I realized sound just wasn't playing and the Windows audio troubleshooter basically told me there were no audio devices connected.

In the process of removing the ancient version of Bonjour that comes with CS3 and causes problems I had to reboot to safe mode eventually to remove the folder for it and when I came back up, somehow the optical output seemed to be working again (though I'm still not sure it's putting out surround though all speakers are actually putting sound out).

Is DTS connect still borked up? I read that it was supposed to be fixed finally a few months ago, but then started reading in various places that since another windows update maybe early in March it's broken again? My receiver is old and does happen to have 5.1 analog inputs. I'm starting to think maybe I should swap over to that? I have the cables for it, just would prefer to keep the cleaner looking setup of the single optical cable and DTS Connect.
2 REPLIES 2

flyinion
Level 12
Something is definitely flaky. It just did it again, and after reading some more about it, I tried unchecking DTS connect in the windows playback devices and setting to a 2 channel output then changing it back. That actually fixed it and for now it's working again (and verified actual surround finally in a game). Is this possibly a BIOS issue? I'm on 2801 which came out a bit after Win10 was released or maybe right before (can't remember the date). I have the latest downloaded and ready to go I was just holding off because of having to go back through and apply settings.

flyinion
Level 12
Ok well BIOS update definitely didn't help. I've resorted to ripping out the optical cable and setting up with 5.1 analog output. Not optimal, but it works at least.