cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW GPU problem

SirLag
Level 7
Hi,

Before I start, I would like to say that I checked this thread before I posted here.

Basically, whenever I play League of Legends, my graphic card crashes, doing the following:
-Black screen (some times, it goes back in game but keeps having some annoying freezes)
-When I open NVIDIA Control Pannel, under 3D settings, the third tab regarding PhysX, disappears.
-In GeForce Experience, the graphic card is said to be unknown.
-It will not go back to normal unless a restart takes place (logging off/sleep mode has no control over this problem)
-Sometimes, the game goes back to normal, while the graphic card is still gone, however, I still get the dangerous freezes.

What I did:
-Contacted NVIDIA
-Uninstalled the driver from device manager.
-Opened msconfig and disabled all the services except Windows services, NVIDIA services and ASUS services.
-Performed a clean installation of the driver.
-Got the problem again.
-Updated windows to the latest version.
-Installed a program given by the NVIDIA agent, in order to start the windows in safe mode with networking and remove the driver.
-Installed the driver using clean install option.
-Got the problem again.
-Installed a driver from ASUS.

This happened a few times with the Witcher 3, however, the problem went a bit differently, as there was no black screen or freeze, but rather, the game would minimize and never go back to normal.
Even if I would stop the game and restart it, it would not stop, as the graphic card would be "gone", so I would need to restart.
Tested it on GTA V, I get no problem whatsoever.

The thing is, I was told that a bios update would work, however, that is something that I am not expetimented with and I would like to leave it as a last option.

Is there anyone else who had this problem and has a fix for it?

Thank you.
0 REPLIES 0