cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Starcraft won't run in full screen on a GL752VW laptop..intel and nvdia

jarablue
Level 7
I am trying to run Starcraft 1 on my laptop. I have the latest intel video drivers and the latest nvidia drivers. When I go to my intel settings, I set 'panel fit' to display full screen but yet when the game starts, there are black bars on the side of it. It is not going full screen like I set it to in the driver options. This only happens on the internal laptop screen. NOT the external monitor that I have plugged into it. When I am using my external monitor, the game does full screen no problem. Is there something going on with the laptop display that won't allow this game to fun full screen? I have checked and triple checked my intel display driver settings and they are all correct. I could be overlooking something though. You guys have any idea what could be going on?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

jarablue
Level 7
I think maybe because the game runs at 640x480 and the laptop panel only goes down to 800x600? But shouldn't setting the intel graphics chip to scale full screen fix that? It displays black bar on the side of the game no matter what I choose. But like I said, my external monitor that can do 640x480 does not have this problem. ??

TimeLion724
Level 8
Yeah, you will not be able to run in fullscreen mode especially if you're playing the Classic version of the game, but I do know that there is a patch for
Starcraft but it was to fix a graphics issue.

The remastered version, you might be to play in fullscreen mode, but I'm not too sure, cause I haven't tested it out for myself.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS