cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 - non-removable battery !!!

mehdi_moha
Level 8
Hello everybody,

I am going to buy a G752, but as I google it , it has no option to replace battery!!
but how to change the battery in case of any problem since the battery will die after 3-4 years !

is that worth to buy it ?
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes the newer models batteries are not as simple as older models to replace the battery. Replacement batteries are available through multiple channels but it does take at least a minimum amount of mechanical aptitude to replace it. If the battery dies while still in warranty it should be covered but will cost some down time to send it in. If after or you want to change it yourself its not too difficult a task to open the machine up to gain access to the battery. Ive cracked them open enough times now doing other things that I can have a battery changed in in 15 minutes if I take a 5 minute coffee break in between.

This video shows what it takes to get into the machine. You just need to pull the keyboard, loosen the display hinges 3 screws on each side and slide the display back then two screws holding the battery cartridge in and one header connected to the motherboard. One thing this doesnt show very well is using a credit card or the like to separate the keyboard from the bottom shell.
http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/inside-asus-rog-g752-disassembly-internal-photos-and-upgrade-optio...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

mehdi_moha
Level 8
but believe me its so hard to do that !! specially when u need to open the display screws and use somethings like credit card!
I am wondering why asus do that since sure the battery will die after about 3 years.
i think it is totally unfair to have such battery-design for such a expensive laptop. maybe its time to go with MSI , but i dont like to do that !!!
i wish the battery was removable...
is there any G752 owner here that be happy with non-removable battery ?

JustinThyme
Level 13
I'm more than sure everyone would be happier with an easy to replace battery. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change it. MSI isn't without their shortcomings but I'm sure they will welcome your business.
Its not hard at all to get the battery out. Does it take more effort than simply removing a latch and popping it out? Well yes but like I said, 15 mins tops. The G752 is the second generation made this way. The G751s are the same.
There are actually a lot of manufacturers that went the same way with their batteries, the list is too long to repeat. Just google "laptop without removable battery." Probably one of the biggest sellers is every single MacBook and every single slim design, two in one and Surface just to scratch the surface. Two things principally drive this design. Its much easier and more cost effective as there are no contacts, cradle or latching mechanisms. The second is size allowing for slimmer designs. A lot of this is consumer driven as everyone wants more power in a smaller package.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

mehdi_moha
Level 8
thank you for your guide and information

It is an extreme hardship on laptop owners to foist machines on them without replaceable batteries. You can be sure batteries will wear-out before anything else on the box (a couple to few years). ASUS charges about $800.00 to change it whereas it should only cost about 80 if it was user-replaceable. I won't buy another ASUS anyway because of the positively ****ty tech support I get and other disregard (such as non-replaceable batteries) in the design of these boxes. Sure, ASUS is innovative in many respects, and boxes are robust, ..., but I, their customer, would, too, like to be considered in all of this. ASUS is too full of itself and does not import the customer as high.