cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cinebench Score Issue

From0toHero
Level 7
My setup is maybe not the best of the best, but after i completed the system and installed Window 8.1 my initial score was 160,1 FPS.
After i upgraded to Windows 10 my score dropped to 110,5 FPS. No matter what i do, i cant reach my old high score. What could be triggering this?
I changed only the operating system, no new hardware or stuff. The 5930K was and is clocked as default (3.7ghz).
14 REPLIES 14

drop4205
Level 12
could be the driver you had in windows 8.1 for the gpu is different than the one windows put in. Windows to updated mine automatically to the newest driver when I did an install last year. Just a thought
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Qwinn
Level 11
Check the active Windows power plan. It's probably now on Balanced. change to high performance.

Yeah i changed all this settings. But no change. I changed my monitor, maybe this is the reason?

Is this the same version of CineBench....not comparing 11.5 and R15 for example?

Win 10...is a clean install or upgrade install? Sometimes upgrades work but are not clean and clean install solves problems.

Different Drivers can affect result too...what GPU....what drivers? CPU should make very little difference on this benchmark....I presume resolution should not either since it runs in its own little window...you could turn down resolution to test...

I just scored 162.91 for TitanX SLI (not sure it sees SLI) and it also reports OS as Windows 8 so...checked their website and W10 is not on supported list....

Its the MSI 980 ti 6G as graphiccard. And yes its always the same version. How many points should i have in the firestrike benchmark with my setup? Somehow im feeling my system is not bringing the performance it should.

Thats my score in 3dMark firestrike. I have no idea if its enough or much to low. Anyone can compare maybe his score?

From0toHero wrote:
Its the MSI 980 ti 6G as graphiccard. And yes its always the same version. How many points should i have in the firestrike benchmark with my setup? Somehow im feeling my system is not bringing the performance it should.

Thank you very much

Menthol
Level 14
you may have more apps installed, more apps in startup, processes running in the background

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What are the base clock and boost clock on that card? But yeah, that looks about right to me