cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY with Nvidia 980m - Issue with latest drivers (364.72)???

fidelity101
Level 7
I haven't updated my video drivers in a few months after reading all of the horror stories out there. Has anyone had problems with the G751JY laptop and the latest drivers? I'm optimistic that, since I haven't seen a thread about it, we're safe to update?
13 REPLIES 13

toronto699
Level 13
most reported issues with 364.72 is with SLI , I have this driver on my G752 no issues .
364.72 NVidia forum thread , issues ,
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/927078/official-364-72-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedb...
DDU , Make sure to use display driver uninstaller before you install a new graphics driver
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Exostenza
Level 9
Make sure to use display driver uninstaller before you install a new graphics driver. I have had way too many problems on this laptop (G751JY) without doing that which have been completely avoidable using DDU. Also, that driver is flawed and shouldn't be used. I personally have landed on the 361.91 drivers which have been absolutely flawless and until I play a newer game that has optimizations in the more recent drivers I plan on staying right where I am for a while.

DomGolby
Level 7

Jon_G
Level 10
The Nvidia driver 364.72 works fine on my G752VY DH78K, no issues so far. My G751JY has
been at the ASUS US Service Center awaiting (postponed) G-SYNC upgrade last 3 weeks so can't say
how this driver works on the G751JY system.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I have 364.72 running on 3 machines no problems. G752VY, G751JY, G751JL I didnt have any issue with 364.51 where others were reporting problems either. To the contrary my G752VY Firestike score went to 8592 on 364.72 with no tweaks at all and everything running in the background where previously I was getting 8310.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8102950

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Sh4Sh
Level 7
I highly recommend not touching those last drivers, a friend of mine seems to have severely compromised his 970 GTX with the 364.72
Given the huge amount of mess that I'm reading around I have no clue why Nvidia still hasn't removed them from their page,you might be lucky, but some users report issues and crashes after even a week of normal use.
Don't risk, wait for a more stable release and stick to an older solid one. I currenntly have the 362.00 and they have been rock solid for more than 1 month.

fidelity101
Level 7
I'm on 362.00 as well. Mainly because of all the negative reviews of all updates post 362.00. What's going on with Nvidia lately? Updating video drivers seemed to be a non-issue until recently...or have I been living in ignorant bliss?

I use 374.62 on my G751JY and i didn t see any issue, maybe a problem with windows

i have g751jy with nvidea 364.72 and i didn't find any issues except when i lunch geforce experience it freezing in start and stay while with black window then it work normaly