MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

I own the M8Hero-Alpha and previously the M8Hero. I have/had no issues with either. The Hero Alpha gives you the bonus of U.2 ports instead of the Hero's clunky and obsolete SATA Express ports (though they function as SATA ports also). The BIOS of each is easy to navigate and I experienced no issues at all. I applied a mild 4500 overclock to each with DDR4-3000 memory and never experienced a single bug. The only quibble I have is that I wish they could put the onboard USB 3.0 header at 90 degrees. I also wish the USB3.0 header locked.

ROG Enthusiast Array Celador PC Specs
    Celador PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus VIII Maximus Hero
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR 4 32gb 2400 Mhz RAM
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 970 - Asus Strix OC II
    Sound Cardbuilt-in piece of ****
    Storage #1OCZ Vertex SDD
    Storage #2WD Caviar Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseThermaltake Tai-Chi
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech g19s
    Mouse Logitech g602
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterAsus - AC RT68U

It a solid "no" from me. It's not worth it. I've encountered just about every issue described here, asus.vip and other forums related to this board or latest rog boards in general.

Sound popping issues related to realtek drivers; latency issues related to q-fan, ramcache and onboard intel's ethernet controller; logitech keyboard not working with keybot; gamefirst breaking steam downloads, chrome and skype; sonic suite breaking sound in some games (the latest one being The Witness) and so on.

Every single time i've contacted support and every single time they recommended me to uninstall some bundled software or admitted that this is a known issue. This motherboard is a wreck from my point of view and most of its features and included software either straight up do not work, conflict with other software or produce unacceptable issues for a gamer.

Bottom line - save yourself some trouble and buy something else.
    Last edited by Celador; 04-12-2016 at 08:54 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array AmirShred PC Specs
    AmirShred PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    Processori7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970
    OS Windows 10

I'd recommend the VIII Hero. I have no issues. I found the BIOS to be very easy to navigate and the operation predictable and reliable. I do read of many people having issues but I think a lot of that has to do with individual config. Some users think the board will just recognize their 64GB of DDR4-3800 Ram and don't even understand the memory is controlled by the CPU. The board accepts it but it doesn't mean every CPU can. If you work within reason and have basic system building competence I am pretty sure you wouldn't have issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2