cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code B2, can't post, going crazy

adambean
Level 7
Hey all,

What started more as a software/oc/stability issue that I was posting on over here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?84465-AI-Suite-Power-Driver-State-Failure-BSOD-Dipawayode. Has now resulted in a down PC.

Short version is that I hate this mobo and have had nothing but problems with it. Really regretting this expensive investment.

Anyway, reset mobo to factory, flashed bios 1801, attempted to reinstall windows, and now I can't get my PC to start. No hardware changes were made.

I've cleared cmos, removed battery, disconnected sata devices ... I'm at a loss.

Please help. Have to leave for awhile, will be back on this.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Chino wrote:
Switch over to BIOS B. Does your system post correctly?

How do I do that?

Currently I can't even get it to post anymore.

Had to leave my house for a few hours. Won't be able to further troubleshoot until later this evening. Any help in the interim would be most appreciated.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Reading the other thread sounds like you would be best to clean install never consider AI Suite again...in the meantime clear CMOS by removing power from board and removing battery...for a good while.

BIOS button is bottom right on board...BIOSlight will switch...

B2 might be GPU not seated well or not powered well...check seating and connections. Try in third red slot...

adambean
Level 7
Does leaving the battery out for longer than a minute really do anything different?

I'll try reseating the gpu but it hasn't moved since initial install.

drop4205
Level 12
battery out, psu disconnected, push power button on motherboard to drain remaining life in board. Sometime yes the longer you wait the better as the power can be stored in board till it full drains
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11