cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great job Asus...Had to send my G751JY in for repairs...

bluepinapple
Level 7
Had to send my G751JY in for repairs. They replaced the motherboard and battery and gave it back to me just a day ago. Not only did they not fix every issue I had outlined when I spoke to 3 of their representatives, the laptop completely died today.
Randomly as I was using it everything went black, no light, no flicker of hope. They even left a random loose screw inside the chasis that I cannot get out. Now I have to go through customer service all over again, can't work on my school or business, and most probably won't be purchasing anything Asus ever again...
17 REPLIES 17

warryabel
Level 7
the name for quality...lol

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
I can't quit now, after spending so much on G752VY, which have alot of problem as well. Waiting for R&D research? They have published the products to the market BUT still need R&D???
you know what it means, 3000 Dollars USD for prototype.

5 month waiting for proper updates, NONE. If you can't fix it, recall all worldwide G752VY, and refund millions to all the customers. Please. Be responsible. Don't be like kick-stater who scam alot.
3 RMA, changed 3 Motherboard. same problem.

1. Slow start, + slow Boot. ACHI Shuttering lag
2. poping poping
3. poping sound audio -- Realtek IC Spike till 80'C ++
4. No proper sata configuration, no fastboot, armature bios
5. Right Fan barely works, unbalanced cooling, even with 2 fans and 3d Vapor chamber (fan speed profile crap )

100% users G752VY, GFX72 from, singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, US, China, Taiwan. and many more experience the same.

I'm selling this G752VY with 64GB RAM, 1TB raid 0 Samsung 950 Pro NVme and + 1 TB samsung 850 EVO ( 1500 Dollars only )
But nobody want it. press a power, black screen for 30 second before boot, everyone spit on this device and leaved.

I know some bias idiot, stupid sheep is coming to give me bad reputation and lecture me like my grandpa soon after i post this.
Here's HARDCORE Fans from G71 till G752, hopefully asus provide support and updates and focus on USER EXPERIENCE rather than your OWN POCKET MONEY. Because thats how you become trillionare.
PLEASE.

NO Further discussion needed.

So you're telling me the G752 has more problems than the G751???
I compiled a pdf of all the problems i wanted Asus to fix on my G751, the usb ports on the left, trackpad lag and unresponsivness, battery, constant errors in windows.
Yet I still have the usb and trackpad issues, the battery wont charge past 97% and now the computer sh*t itself.........
Was planning on purchasing Asus parts to build a pc later this year, mostly for the looks their products have, now i have to find another alternative

bluepinapple wrote:
So you're telling me the G752 has more problems than the G751???
I compiled a pdf of all the problems i wanted Asus to fix on my G751, the usb ports on the left, trackpad lag and unresponsivness, battery, constant errors in windows.
Yet I still have the usb and trackpad issues, the battery wont charge past 97% and now the computer sh*t itself.........
Was planning on purchasing Asus parts to build a pc later this year, mostly for the looks their products have, now i have to find another alternative

total agree...oh there is only a handfull defective batterys on g751 lol... i think when all this battery issues are the same, is this not individual problem.
in the forum are min. 10 people with same batteryissues but the mass is not in this forum...pudding
this forum is representative for our market and i think the most issues are not offical because no one tells us this or that!

!

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
I can't quit now, after spending so much on G752VY, which have alot of problem as well. Waiting for R&D research? They have published the products to the market BUT still need R&D???
you know what it means, 3000 Dollars USD for prototype.

5 month waiting for proper updates, NONE. If you can't fix it, recall all worldwide G752VY, and refund millions to all the customers. Please. Be responsible. Don't be like kick-stater who scam alot.
3 RMA, changed 3 Motherboard. same problem.

1. Slow start, + slow Boot. ACHI Shuttering lag
2. poping poping
3. poping sound audio -- Realtek IC Spike till 80'C ++
4. No proper sata configuration, no fastboot, armature bios
5. Right Fan barely works, unbalanced cooling, even with 2 fans and 3d Vapor chamber (fan speed profile crap )

100% users G752VY, GFX72 from, singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, US, China, Taiwan. and many more experience the same.

I'm selling this G752VY with 64GB RAM, 1TB raid 0 Samsung 950 Pro NVme and + 1 TB samsung 850 EVO ( 1500 Dollars only )
But nobody want it. press a power, black screen for 30 second before boot, everyone spit on this device and leaved.

I know some bias idiot, stupid sheep is coming to give me bad reputation and lecture me like my grandpa soon after i post this.
Here's HARDCORE Fans from G71 till G752, hopefully asus provide support and updates and focus on USER EXPERIENCE rather than your OWN POCKET MONEY. Because thats how you become trillionare.
PLEASE.

NO Further discussion needed.

I guess Im the Biased, idiot stupid sheep and most likely I am old enough to be your grandpa.

You seem to post the same unproven stuff over and over.
The G752VY only supports AHCI on the SATA ports, no lag. M2 is NVMe only.
no popping
no realtek spikes
sata configuration works fine in BIOS 211
fans work fine
The only thing I agree with you on is the BIOS is still immature, armatures are found in electric motors. fast boot will stay disabled, I dont use it anyhow and have it disabled in the BIOS and Windows by choice so Im not writing 4-6gb of kernal dump and drivers to my SSD on every shutdown. My boot to log in is 18 seconds.

When people make unsubstantiated posts with zero proof and 100% conjecture there is always FURTHER DISCUSSION NEEDED.

@ OP you certainly got a raw deal from the repair facility you sent your machine to. Unfortunately this is happening a lot. You should file a formal complaint to ASUS on the results of your repair. If they dont know about which facilites are screwing up they cant take steps to alleviate the problems.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Bahz
Level 12
Hi bluepinapple,

Please PM me with your full contact details and I'll escalate this issue from my side.

Thanks,
Bahz

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
I wonder why after so many RMA, 3 motherboard change, problem still the same. Asus give me extended warranty due to Failure of fixing the problem. But that doesn't fix any problem.
Good for you @justintyme, just in time buying the GOD machine. I really proud and jealous now.

Slow boot really argghh, hate it man! i used to carry it around in University for works, lan party, games, movies. But if i put it in sleep mode, the battery drain fast like river.
the audio jack area, Realtek IC literally burning my hand. How? can you all help me? where is Jesus? where is GOD or EVIL, please help me.
Already changed 3 motherboard, so RMA is useless. Already have alot similar issues around the globe as well.
Help please? Updates, or patch please?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes, My machine is GOD!

Your comments would be received better if they were phrased as possible problems, what you have done to date about them, what have you done to alter the machine whether it be hardware or software etc instead of blah blah blah , whah whah whah , ASUS sucks, cry cry cry repeatedly over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over andover and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Contrary to some beliefs not everyone has problems with their machines, not everyone messes with things they shouldn't be messing with then blames it on the manufacturer when the machine breaks.

I know that it gets frustrating when machines are sent in for repair and they come back in worse condition.
3 time in for repairs falls under the lemon laws in effect in most countries and entitles you to a full refund, maybe you should persue that avenue and use the money to purchase an alienware or MSI insteadl.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Asus have noticed and known the issues, perhaps they really taking the countermeasure? I saw many of your post, you are ones of the insider right?
bash away bad and real users, and keep only supportive users. hmm, why?
I just read one of your post regarding after you change your RAM, Slow boot and similar problem seems to happens on you, but it glitches away and your machine back to perfect state. Can you help and tell me how you solve it?
You stated you have disassemble the G752VY, upgraded to 64GB G skill ram, and afterwards problems starts . but you seems manage to fix it with supportive statement. HOW? Hardware mods or custom BIOS? Please share.

You often try to skip away and push away Supportive ROG users by introducing MSI (****) and allienCrap to Support your statements and your priority. WHY? Are you a Fans?
It have problem, i Hope that People HELP, and NOTICE IT, Don't just live with it because we pay for it. We need to get things work.

No lemons in RMA, Asus Service Center Personnel have going through 100% checkups on software and hardware, and ordered 3 different production batch version of Motherboard for G752VY with different Vram manufacturer,
and Module types installed. BUT, still cannot solve the problem. Then i receive whole New unit which is latest April shipment, SAME PROBLEM. with default Bios 206.
They have emailed and called me, stated unable to resolved the stated problems, therefore, they extended my warranty to 27 month. They cannot provide Refund not sure why.

So now, I wait for Updates from ASUS. If its Hardware related, they should be responsible. not just keep silence. I know The G752 are manufactured by thousands of Chinese by hand and no perfections, but at least you have proper QC.
Regarding the R&D. How it works:
R&D >> Prototype >> Final products >> approval >> Productions >> QC >> Markets
ASUS Superior management :
( user white rats protocols )
R&D >> Prototype >> Market (Fast sales, Fast money income) >> R&D again >> updates (slow)
meanwhile they have new assignment on G753, New vivobooks, new task assigned and stack up.

Like OP said, Great Job ASUS. I like the design and cooling personally. I'm already supporting, so just wait for updates. nothing i can do.