cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT with G sync - Increase display refresh rate from 75Hz to 100Hz ?

Drunkenninja
Level 7
Just updated my laptop for G sync and I'm reading that these screen panels can support up to 10th0Hz, just wanted to check in with you guys on your experiences overclocking panels at 75Hz +.

It hasn't been discussed in a while so wanted to know if anyone encountered any issues with the overclocking, seems a shame to not overclocking with G Sync
10 REPLIES 10

Cheetah
Level 7
You mean increasing the reflesh rate of the screen?

Cheetah wrote:
You mean increasing the reflesh rate of the screen?

That's right, yes.

Lots of people increased it to 100Mhz maybe 6 -12 months ago and it would be interesting to see their results.

I was running 100Mhz for about a month with no issue, but went back to 75Mhz when the hole beta g-sync thing ended.

I've been running at 96hz for a few months now, no problems. Gsync works too

JustinThyme
Level 13
You are off by a few million clock cycles brother. No screen on the planet is capable of anywhere near the Mhz range. Take the M off and your are golden. If anything was capable to even close to that number it would be tearing from hell. You would not be able to even tell what is on the display with it refreshing 75 million times per second while the GPU is only putting out 75 times per second.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
You are off by a few million clock cycles brother. No screen on the planet is capable of anywhere near the Mhz range. Take the M off and your are golden. If anything was capable to even close to that number it would be tearing from hell. You would not be able to even tell what is on the display with it refreshing 75 million times per second while the GPU is only putting out 75 times per second.

ha ha ha sorry for the confusion, I meant 100Hz 😛

Been doing a bit of research and the panels used in these laptops appear to be LP173WF4-SPD1 which have the following data taken from Panel look:

Frequency :60Hz
120Hz (60Hz Input) Embedded MERC Circuit
120Hz + 120Hz: 120Hz Panel + 120Hz Backlight
240Hz (60Hz Input) Embedded MERC Circuit

Im gonna go for broke and crank it up to 95Hz pretty sure it will be fine.

Cheetah
Level 7
$80 for the G751 screen on Amazon.com.

Drunkenninja
Level 7
That seems pretty cheap... 96Hz working fine atm...

i have g751 jy how i can upgrade G-sync and how much ???

titane wrote:
i have g751 jy how i can upgrade G-sync and how much ???

There is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum. All available info is there:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…