cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero Just Started Getting Q-Code 00

mfaith
Level 7
This is still a fairly new build. Only really been running it regularly for the last few weeks. And it's been running fine to this point. When I tried to boot up a couple days ago, though, the motherboard stopped at Q-Code 00. The Processor fan was spinning, but none of the case fans were spinning. I turned it off, and turned the PSU switch off until the Start button light went off. Then turned everything back on, and it booted like normal. I kinda wrote it off figuring maybe I had a power outage overnight and things just needed resetting. But then it happened again this morning. Same thing. Q-Code 00, but when i turned everything completely off, and back on, it boots. Any suggestions on what to do for this?
Thanks in advance for the help.
10 REPLIES 10

baggio2121
Level 7
Check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear CMOS. Update bios to last one

The CPU seems to be installed correctly. I thought I had the latest bios since EZ Update said there were no updates, but I just went to the support page after reading your reply, and it seems there's been an update since the last time I updated. I'm on bios 1504, and there's been 1601 recently made available. I can try updating to that, if you think that would be the cause. I guess I struggle with the fact that it will boot and run fine after depowering the PSU, but goes to 00 when attempting normal boot. Could that really be a one-release-outdated bios?

I have the same issue when try to boot from normal mode~ except when i depowering the PSU give me Qcode 55, I don't think its CPU related, maybe it is, but i don't know

Chino
Level 15
Have you populated the 8 pin power header on your motherboard? Also try loosening the screws for your heatsink a little.

Chino wrote:
Have you populated the 8 pin power header on your motherboard? Also try loosening the screws for your heatsink a little.

The 8-pin power is plugged in. I will try loosening the proc cooler and see if that helps.
Thanks

bayfront_benny
Level 9
I had this same problem. Followed another posters recommendations as follows
1- Disable CPU SVID Support (Extreme tweaker menu)
2. Turn Anti Surge Support off (Monitor menu)
In my case - so far so good.

bayfront_benny wrote:
I had this same problem. Followed another posters recommendations as follows
1- Disable CPU SVID Support (Extreme tweaker menu)
2. Turn Anti Surge Support off (Monitor menu)
In my case - so far so good.

Thanks for the suggestion. Since this was the easiest thing to try, I've done this before trying any of the other things. Updated the settings this morning. I'll take this for a spin and see where we get. I'll report back this weekend assuming all goes well.

So, it happened again this morning, but it didn't happen yesterday. So it's intermittent, which I find odd. This time I found that I didn't necessarily have to completely depower the motherboard to get it to work. I just held down the front power button until it "turned off", and then tried it again and it worked. 😕 So I'm not sure where to go from here. I guess I'll try loosening the proc fan next like suggested before.

bayfront_benny
Level 9
That's not good news. Thought that was a remedy. What memory are you using?