cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Motherboard Pictured

ottoyu34
Level 9
ASUS unveiled its new workstation-grade socket LGA1155 motherboard that supports 2011-series Core i3/5/i7 processors, as well as, upcoming Xeon LGA1155 processors, the P8P67 WS Revolution. It is packed to the brim with features. To begin with, the CPU is powered by a 16+2 phase digital VRM, the socket is wired to four DDR3 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, supporting speeds of over DDR3-2200 MHz. There are four PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots, supporting 3-way SLI/CrossFireX, probably using a bridge chip such as the NVIDIA nForce 200, and three PCI-E x1.

Storage features include four SATA 6 Gb/s ports, and four SATA 3 Gb/s. Connectivity features include two Intel GbE controllers, 8+2 channel HD audio, two USB 3.0 ports, and a number of USB 2.0 ports. Other features include a system diagnostics card, EPU energy-efficiency processor, TurboV Processing Unit (TPU), and Quick Gate instant-on OS. ASUS will announce pricing when it most probably releases this board in January.

source:http://www.techpowerup.com/135625/ASUS-P8P67-WS-Revolution-Motherboard-Pictured.html
6 REPLIES 6

martin_metal_88
Level 8
I see some comeback in the design of the P55 series. Asus P7P XX were great but the cooler were looking a bit small and insuficient under high OC. P67 design seems more complete. I also like A LOT the fact that it's not even lunch and there is like...already 5 mobo? so that wont let user out of choice! Good job Asus, Nice find Otto!!

Almost forget! PCI-e layout is exellent, we can finally get rid of the PCI and if you use the 3 first PCI-e for SLI or CFX you still have the last one for expension card! Do love!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I like new things but I think Intel is getting a bit excessive with new sockets .. or maybe its just me? 1156/1366 only feel like they've been available for a little while. Incompatibility with previous CPU socket still amazes me, although I understand they want you to get everything together and run a complete new system so there is no complaints and people using old junk with new tech and saying it sucks (all I think is Vista ha!). AMD has that part down right in my book.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Get use to this, now that intel have more market share then ever we will probably see a new socket in 3 months...
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

ottoyu34
Level 9
Well, I've been using Core i7 since it first came out and my first chip was the i7 920 C0. It's nice that even now it's still a fairly high-performance chip, not to mention 4Ghz+ overclocks on it. We yet to see Intel pushing much of performance for a good 2 years, only update was the i7 980X.

It would be safe to say that, Intel is a company that puts the latest standards and technologies on their chipset/cpu platform. Also, being this time Intel is updating the mid-stream market first rather than high-end. So it make looks like a short life cycle if you didnt get your LGA1156 stuff the first moment.

From the limited leaked info I see about the Sandybridge platform, we are talking about high-performance with high efficiency. It is also why we need a new chipset to take advantage of the new tech.

ottoyu34 wrote:
Well, I've been using Core i7 since it first came out and my first chip was the i7 920 C0. It's nice that even now it's still a fairly high-performance chip, not to mention 4Ghz+ overclocks on it. We yet to see Intel pushing much of performance for a good 2 years, only update was the i7 980X.

It would be safe to say that, Intel is a company that puts the latest standards and technologies on their chipset/cpu platform. Also, being this time Intel is updating the mid-stream market first rather than high-end. So it make looks like a short life cycle if you didnt get your LGA1156 stuff the first moment.

From the limited leaked info I see about the Sandybridge platform, we are talking about high-performance with high efficiency. It is also why we need a new chipset to take advantage of the new tech.

I agree with that but there was no need for a new socket. The only difference in the socket is 1 less pin which is like that only to make us buy new chip. They could have make P67 on the 1156 like they have done with P35 to P45 with 775.
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

ottoyu34
Level 9
There will be technical differences in specifications. That's why they made changes to the socket to differentiate between the old LGA1156 and new LGA1155.
So people can tell.