Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with windows 10 on my ROG g751jy

Auldrant
Level 7
Hello Community

I will make the long story short...

My laptop updated to win 10 and i had huge lag problems in Final Fantasy XIV, so i went back to 8.1 with the option available and dunno what happened there, but i had issues with the nvidia drivers so i had to do a clean install...
Sadly i messed it in the process and i ended doing a windows 10 clean install (Though that doing a clean install will fix all my problems)

Well now i don't have lag issues or slow internet connection (i deactivated all the privacy setting that send info to windows and the upgrade features that could slow down my conection)...
But now i have stuttering with Final Fantasy XIV... i tried a lot of things to fix it.... updated the drivers, updated the bios that's in the support page of ASUS, changed the video card settings... etc etc...

I was not able to find a solution to this problem...
Anyone here that could enlight me or suggest me something else to try

(Sadly i can't go back to windows 8.1 with the ASUS Backtracker because i did a clean install of windows 10)

Thanks in advance for any useful info and for reading my post

P.S. English is not my main language... so im sorry if i made myself hard to understand
40 REPLIES 40

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
One question, you are connected by Wireless or Cable?

Black Phoenix wrote:
One question, you are connected by Wireless or Cable?

Im connected by wireless, but ive tried using cable and i have the same issues

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
Image shuttering (GPU related) or Lag induced shuttering?

You could try to remove the nVidia Drivers completely with this app (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), and download the last available from Asus website (even being older that the newer one from nVidia website).

Then report if things improved.

Black Phoenix wrote:
Image shuttering (GPU related) or Lag induced shuttering?

You could try to remove the nVidia Drivers completely with this app (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), and download the last available from Asus website (even being older that the newer one from nVidia website).

Then report if things improved.

I tried your method, but nothing changed really.
Thanks for the advice anyways i will keep looking for new ways to fix it

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
Well if it's the same, then it's then Network Related. Since it manifests via WIFI and Ethernet, well restarting your Router and firmware upgrading in case it have a new one is something you could try.

But if didn't happen before with Windows 8.1, it's something that only with a little more diagnose could be found.

Auldrant
Level 7
This might something like a sidenote....
But im also experiencing mouse stuttering....
The ROG gaming mouse that came with the laptop stutters too, but if i use the touchpad there is no stutter at all

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
Did you remove the Drivers, restarted and reinstalled the new ones? Or removed and reinstalled without restart?

Did your Notebook is running on the Intel GPU or the nVidia one (did it support the Optimus technology from nVidia?)

Since the touchpad is also USB (but internal) it should also shutter (if it was doing it it could be USB related) but this way is difficult to really point out.

Auldrant
Level 7
I will try to explain everything with the max amount of details...

I downloaded the program that you told me and unistalled the driver, i restarted and proceed to install the Nvidia driver from here https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/719/0/3/LYuLg2456gbkV5dw/45/
I restarted my laptop then and run the game... still the same problems...
I proceed to update the driver and still the same problem (I messed with the settings too... turned off the V-Sync and check if any of those options could improve the performance and nothing)

I dunno how to check the Optimus technology, but i think it does or at least it did way back when i had win 8.1

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
Well I can't see what problem it could be. I'm sorry for not being a great help.

Let's wait for who could give more info or had the same problem.

Since you hadn't LAG on Windows 8.1, well you could try to install the same version, and try it as trial to see if the problem goes away. If Yes, then It could be the Game that's not optimized for Windows 10.

You could also try to run the game in compatibility mode to Windows 8 or Windows 7 and see if the problem goes away...

But I doubt since you still have the mouse problems but not the touchpad ones!!!