cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Extreme Build

Noles6513
Level 7
I just finished with the build I updated to bios 1601 I was wondering should I go back and install updated M/B drivers if so can install over the top drivers installed via M/B disk.

EZ update doesn't seem to do anything thing

Thank you for your help
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Noles6513

Welcome to the ROG forum !

After checking the asus downloads page the motherboard disk should have the latest drivers.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/1/50/1/14/hapeR7wj8h4xqBzu/41/

Thank You

Nate152
You're welcome

To avoid any conflicts when updating to new drivers you can uninstall them from your programs then get the latest ones from the asus downloads page I linked.

hiong
Level 8
you will almost never find the latest drivers on Asus, even for Asmedia drivers (subsidiary of Asus). I usually refer to station-drivers for the latest drivers, below is a useful link to all drivers relevant to M8E.

http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1610:maximus-viii-extreme&ca...

I have another question when try to enable Xmp profile I get oc failure is this a dram voltage issue

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
What is the CPU you have?

Please take note of this:

If you get the extremely high speed RAM around the 3400mhz-4000mhz range then you might need to overclock the CPU to keep the high speed RAM stable. That's why on haswell, it's never a good idea to pair ridiculously fast RAM with a locked CPU since for some reason the memory controller prefers it that way.

Worst case scenario you have to up the voltage on the memory controller, but be careful since I've heard the memory controller is risky to overvolt.

However, I'm talking very very rare occasions where XMP isn't stable. You should be perfectly fine, especially for such a low RAM speed.

XMP should work with (in case you have) non-K processors, but when used with K ones it will also overclock the CPU.

Nate152
The overclocking failed message is saying you need to do some voltage tweaking, let's try setting it manually instead of using XMP.

Try these settings:

Reset to defaults (F5)

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual

Dram Frequency - 3000MHz
Dram voltage 1.40v
VCCIO - 1.25v
CPU System Agent - 1.25v

DiGi+

Dram current capability - 130%

There are two 32GB 3000MHz kits one kit is 2 sticks the other is 4 sticks and they have different timings. I assume you have the 4 stick kit? IF so....

Dram Timing Control - at the very top enter in

command rate 2

2 stick kit

command rate 2

F10 and Enter, how does she go?

its the 4 sticks i'll give it a try when get home thanks Nate

Nate152
You're welcome

I'm confident this should get you going but if it still gives you trouble, In Dram Timing control try Maximus Tweak modes 1 and 2, mode 1 helps with compatibility mode 2 helps with overclocking.