cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW-dh74 Extremely poor sound volume and quality

ayushyadav
Level 7
I recently bought a new GL552VW-dh74 (the metallic finish one) and while the laptop works fine for the most part, the sound quality and the sound volume of the inbuilt speakers is just plain horrible. My 8 year old nokia phone has louder speakers than this. The inbuilt conexant audio drivers give no loudness or quality to the speakers. This is by far the worst speakers I have ever seen in an electronic device.

Things I have tried :

1) Uninstalling the conexant audio drivers and using the windows High Definition Audio device drivers. ( Made little to no difference)

2) Uninstalled the conexant drivers and downloaded the latest ones on the asus website from here : https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/HelpDesk_Download/
Again made no difference.

3) The audiowizard inbuilt 'technology' doesnt do anything at all to increase the speaker volume

4) My laptop did not come preinstalled with Maxxaudio (I dont know if it was supposed to or not).

Any tips on how to increase the sound volume will be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

razorg
Level 7
I was about to ask the same thing. I received my GL552VW-DM201T yesterday, and immediately, I was displeased with the very low
sound volume (and a couple of other things which I won't mention here for the sake of focusing on the volume problem only). My previous
device was again an Asus, N550JV multimedia laptop which had 4 speakers and an external subwoofer producing an EXTREMELY rich and
good sound for a laptop, and to be honest I never expected this GL552VW laptop match the sound quality of N550JV. However, I never
expected it to be this bad!!! The first thing which bugs me the most is the sound volume. It's too low. The amaount of volume that I got from
N550JV at around 40% is only matched bt GL552VW's 100% set volume. And to be honest, I expected it to be a tad richer. Is this the same
on all GL552VW models, meaning this model's sound capabilities is badly designed on purpose, or our specific devices are problematic?

I've the same model (GL55VW-CN430T) purchased in India & I too am disappointed. I guess, this is where they cut corners to bring down the cost, what with the SSD, 7200 PM HDD, & i7, we got with the model. However, ASUS compensated it well enough by giving away a Bluetooth speaker as free with the laptop.
ASUS RoG GL552VW-CN430T
Intel i7 6300HQ
16 GiB DDR4
128 GiB SSD + 1 TiB 7200 RPM HDD
NVIDIS 960M 4 GiB
Windows 10 64-bit

just open audiowizard and choose battlefield

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for providing your feedback, I'll help pass the feedback over our notebook team to review. I'll check with our notebook team if there are any solutions to fix this issue.

go to the speaker properties > enhancements
i'm on night mode and 3d immersion enabled. It's sounds much better than before.