Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Asus, I would like to thank you for this amazing experience (PG279Q)

Dear Asus,

I have been a gamer all my life, got my first taste of console gaming about 32 years ago and have
    since then been a hardcore console gamer. And I still am to this day.

I have never been anti computer gaming, it just was not my thing. I preferred to sit in a couch in
    front of a big TV. My family has grown since then and the living room is no longer my domain, neither
    am I impressed by the new generation of consoles that felt outdated the same day they came.

I've been longing for the ultimate experience, like REALLY, REALLY longing for it. I've been pretty
    obsessed with it actually (my old friend OCD kicked in again). Made a ton of research
    and felt like I knew everything I needed to know. Hell, I even saw the bad reviews people gave your
    PG279Q screen. But, you know... internet.

Finally got around to order a beast-PC and the PG279Q monitor. The monitor arrived the next day. It was
    as if they couldn't wait to get rid of it. PC wouldn't arrive until a week later so I had to test the monitor with
    my current laptop instead.

BLAM!!! That's when it hit me. The screen is YELLOW. It's like
    a gradient that starts from half the screen and works its way up making everything look super cheap and disgusting.
    When I open up the backlight test my whole room lights up from the bleed. I honestly feel like it's giving me
    a sun tan. Which is in a way practical, but not exactly what I was going for when I laid down the money for the screen.

So now I'm standing here. With my computer soon arriving and the screen on it's way back to the store. Who knows
    when/if I'll get a replacement.

SO, thank you Asus for this amazing experience. It's been a thrill giving you all that money and then ruining weeks
    of anticipation. Really looking forward to getting another really bad version of your screen in maybe 2-3 weeks, and
    then being disappointed again.

Frakking frustrated Array Dysternaut's Avatar

Haha, love your sarcasm man, but am sorry to hear yet another story about this god awful monitor.

Don't even bother exchanging it, your chances are better at winning the lottery than getting a decent panel on this thing.

A piece of friendly advice... get your money back and buy another monitor. Or if you absolutely myst have a IPS panel with G-Sync, wait for something decent to come out.

Personally I went the TN panel route, and have not regretted it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dysternaut View Post
    Haha, love your sarcasm man, but am sorry to hear yet another story about this god awful monitor.

Don't even bother exchanging it, your chances are better at winning the lottery than getting a decent panel on this thing.

A piece of friendly advice... get your money back and buy another monitor. Or if you absolutely myst have a IPS panel with G-Sync, wait for something decent to come out.

Can't deal with TN since I do a lot of design work on screen. But otherwise it's probably a great option
    Gonna switch to Acer and try the Predator X34 after I've sent it back. Heard it has problems too, but I
    see a lot less reports about it so hopefully I'm not getting crap this time.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnutz View Post
    Can't deal with TN since I do a lot of design work on screen. But otherwise it's probably a great option
    Gonna switch to Acer and try the Predator X34 after I've sent it back. Heard it has problems too, but I
    see a lot less reports about it so hopefully I'm not getting crap this time.

cheers!
    Yeah, I understand why you wanna stay on the IPS path then. And I hope it pans out for you, but a word of warning.

I tried an Acer IPS as well, before finally getting an Acer TN based monitor, and that IPS panel was just as bad as the ones in the Asus ones I had.

The X34 is a whole different beast though, so let's hope that fares better for you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If you get an X34, try to get a March 2016 build. I got one and it's perfect so far! Good luck!

Ex-employee Array

Hi Beatnutz,

I sent you a PM, please kindly get back to me.

Thanks,
    Bahz

ROG Guru: PG279Q Array CptSpig PC Specs
    CptSpig PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop? I don't need no stinking Laptop!
    MotherboardASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 X299 EATX Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel i9-7980XE w/Koolnace 390ci cold plate
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32gb at 3600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan Xp with EKWB Full Cover Water Block
    Graphics Card #2Titans are expensive Mabe soon
    Graphics Card #3Support not good for 3-way SLI
    Graphics Card #4Support not good for 4-way SLI
    Sound CardOn board sound is beautiful!
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q IPS 27
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB Preator 360 w/Koolance Black QDC's
    CasePrimochill Praxis Wet Bench Black/White
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB Black
    Headset Corsair Vengeance 2100
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QCK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Corsair Vengence 2100
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Network RouterAsus ROG RT-AC88U
    Accessory #1 Koolance EXC-800 Portable 800W Recirculating Liquid Chiller
    Accessory #2 SI 120" motorized screen
    Accessory #3 Epson 6030U 1080P 3D projector

Asus Rog PG279Q IPS

I have no idea what you guys are talking about! This is the best monitor I have ever owned. I have no black light bleed and very little IPS glow. The 165 Hz refresh rate is super fast and for gaming is definitely the best monitor available. I bought a open box monitor on Newegg and got a screaming deal. I think to many people don't know the difference between back light bleed and IPS glow. Well anyway I love my Rog Swift PG279Q IPS panel.
    Last edited by CptSpig; 04-18-2016 at 06:40 PM.

CptSpig PC Specs
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Asus Rog PG279Q IPS

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnutz View Post
    Dear Asus,

I have been a gamer all my life, got my first taste of console gaming about 32 years ago and have
    since then been a hardcore console gamer. And I still am to this day.

I have never been anti computer gaming, it just was not my thing. I preferred to sit in a couch in
    front of a big TV. My family has grown since then and the living room is no longer my domain, neither
    am I impressed by the new generation of consoles that felt outdated the same day they came.

I've been longing for the ultimate experience, like REALLY, REALLY longing for it. I've been pretty
    obsessed with it actually (my old friend OCD kicked in again). Made a ton of research
    and felt like I knew everything I needed to know. Hell, I even saw the bad reviews people gave your
    PG279Q screen. But, you know... internet.

Finally got around to order a beast-PC and the PG279Q monitor. The monitor arrived the next day. It was
    as if they couldn't wait to get rid of it. PC wouldn't arrive until a week later so I had to test the monitor with
    my current laptop instead.

BLAM!!! That's when it hit me. The screen is YELLOW. It's like
    a gradient that starts from half the screen and works its way up making everything look super cheap and disgusting.
    When I open up the backlight test my whole room lights up from the bleed. I honestly feel like it's giving me
    a sun tan. Which is in a way practical, but not exactly what I was going for when I laid down the money for the screen.

So now I'm standing here. With my computer soon arriving and the screen on it's way back to the store. Who knows
    when/if I'll get a replacement.

SO, thank you Asus for this amazing experience. It's been a thrill giving you all that money and then ruining weeks
    of anticipation. Really looking forward to getting another really bad version of your screen in maybe 2-3 weeks, and
    then being disappointed again.
    Did you call Asus and try to get some help with this issue? It may not even be the monitor. I love my Asus Rog PG279Q best gaming monitor I have ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSpig View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about! This is the best monitor I have ever owned. I have no black light bleed and very little IPS glow. The 165 Hz refresh rate is super fast and for gaming is definitely the best monitor available. I bought a open box monitor on Newegg and got a screaming deal. I think to many people don't know the difference between back light bleed and IPS glow. Well anyway I love my Rog Swift PG279Q IPS panel.
    Dude, just read all the posts in here! Even Asus have officially admitted that they have quality issues with these panels.

You probably got lucky with yours, so good for you. Most other people buying these monitors aren't as lucky...

CptSpig PC Specs
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Asus Rog PG279Q IPS

Dude, just read all the posts in here! Even Asus have officially admitted that they have quality issues with these panels.

You probably got lucky with yours, so good for you. Most other people buying these monitors aren't as lucky...
    Dude, Asus had problems with this monitor for the first two months. If you have one of these panels with a serial number from these batches. You can look on there web site and they will replace the panel. There are still some floating around. The ones that have a killer deal. When the old TN panels were released they had a few problems and people were returning those panels. All I know is the new IPS panels are a big improvement over the older TN panels. I have had both so this is from experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast