cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI Access Issue

Cpch64
Level 7
Hello,

I would like to start this off by saying how much I’m enjoying this new machine (Motherboard Included)!! Just switched back to PC after 10 years and decided to build my own rig.
Please excuse if this is newb mistake but I can figure my last little problem I’ve encountered. I’ve read and watched a few different videos but to no avail.
The machine boots up into windows 10 without any issues. Everything works Great!! My operating system is located on my Kingston M.2 SSD with a UEFI install. I have Fast, Secure boot enabled and CSM disabled.
My problem is that I’m not able to access the UEFI bios at the ROG splash screen. If I hit the “delete” key I get a black screen and a “A0” Q code on the MB. If I hit the other key listed on the splash screen to enter UEFI I get a “A2” Q code and black screen. The way that can I work around this if I need to enter the EUFI is press on the “S” key on my sapphire video card. When I reboot his sends me to a new screen saying that my graphics card is not supported and hit “F1” to enter Settings (EUFI) or “F2” to enable CSM and log into windows. So I hit the F1 and voila I’m in UEFI but in order to get back I have to disable CSM, turn off the “s” button on my video card and boot back into windows.
Any help would be appreciated.

*Note: I did update the bios to the latest version 2001 before the machine was built. Machine specs are in my profile.

Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15

Chino,
I appreciate the response but still have the same outcome.

Tried the following as soon as i hit the on switch:
1)Spammed the main "Delete" key on the computer= Q Code AO
2)Spammed the Delete key on the number pad = Q Code AO
3)Spammed the F2 key = Q Code A2
4)Do nothing = Windows 10 Boots up and all is good 😄

Thanks,

**Update: I took my Mac Pro usb keyboard & hooked it up to the PC. I'm able to get into the UEFI by hitting the Delete key. For some reason i only have the problem with my logitech K740 keyboard. I guess I'll have to keep the Mac around a bit longer. :0

drop4205
Level 12
check in bios to see usb support in boot menu is set to partial initialization. You may need it to be set for full initialization for that keyboard to be used. Just a thought
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Drop,
Thank you very much! That did the trick. I was set at partial and changed it to full.

drop4205
Level 12
no problem thats what these forums are for. Im still learning a lot myself. Enjoy the board
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Guys,
Just an update and I will leave this topic alone just in case anyone else runs across the same issue.

It has to be something to do with the logitech keyboard. I'm using my old mac keyboard and don't have any issues at all accessing the UEFI by hitting the "Delete" key. I even tried using "Asus Boot Setting" program with the Logitech keyboard and still ran into the same problem.

I'll just buy another keyboard in the future if needed.

Thanks for the Help...