cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modded BD PROCHOT bios for Mi7 impact ?

sunofwisdom
Level 7
i'm using Throttlestop to fix a BD PROCHOT issue with my MI7+4790k combo (no nothing is actually heating)
It does fix the issue of my processor being throttled at 800mhz instead of 4500 but i have to wait for windows to be loaded,
i was wondering if there was a custom modded bios for the Mi7 impact that has the BD PROCHOT flag already activated or a way to activate this on boot (before windows load)

any idea/help in that regard ?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Pandur
Level 10
You're aware that the BD PROCHOT is a bi-directional signal that clocks down your processor due to either an overheating processor OR motherboard?

In many cases this issue is caused by boiling hot VRMs. And judging by my old M6I, the vertical VRMs on these boards tend to get a bit toasty. Do you have good air flow over this part of the motherboard? If not, check what happens when you put a fan blowing cold air directly over the VRMs.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

Pandur wrote:
You're aware that the BD PROCHOT is a bi-directional signal that clocks down your processor due to either an overheating processor OR motherboard?

In many cases this issue is caused by boiling hot VRMs. And judging by my old M6I, the vertical VRMs on these boards tend to get a bit toasty. Do you have good air flow over this part of the motherboard? If not, check what happens when you put a fan blowing cold air directly over the VRMs.

i have 2 fan blowing on the vrm module (corsair 380t case), it's in the 50 range, so my bd prochot problem is not coming from high temperature.
i think a defective sensor in the cpu , if that Prochot sensor is in the CPU, and instead of buying another 4790k i'd rather disable it entirely.
my CPU never run hotter than 70C.

sunofwisdom wrote:
i have 2 fan blowing on the vrm module (corsair 380t case), it's in the 50 range, so my bd prochot problem is not coming from high temperature.
i think a defective sensor in the cpu , if that Prochot sensor is in the CPU, and instead of buying another 4790k i'd rather disable it entirely.
my CPU never run hotter than 70C.

no one can point me to a modification ?