cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus U7 Echelon edition on G752vy

Devonkev
Level 7
Guys I had the U7 Echelon edition installed on my old laptop and loved the big knob to control the volume. No complaints about the built in headphone amp on the G752vy, but I really miss being able to fine adjust the volume while gaming. My concern will be if I install the U7 will the software cause a conflict with the Realtek drivers or is it just a matter of making the U7 the default device?? :confused:
2 REPLIES 2

Gps3dx
Level 12
Devonkev wrote:
Guys I had the U7 Echelon edition installed on my old laptop and loved the big knob to control the volume. No complaints about the built in headphone amp on the G752vy, but I really miss being able to fine adjust the volume while gaming. My concern will be if I install the U7 will the software cause a conflict with the Realtek drivers or is it just a matter of making the U7 the default device?? :confused:

As far as I understand it, you should have more audio "devices" in you device manager, thus also in your "playback devices" ( right click on the volume icon in the systray -> pick "playback devices" ) so that the realtek "devices" got separate "block" for its devices and Asus U7 Echelon got its own "blocks" - thus no effect on each other if you config them differently.
Also, you can "disable" in the Device manager (and in "playback devices" ) any device you don't currently use ( it just disable, it won't uninstall ) like realtek, so you won't get multiple audio streaming on both audio cards ( which should utilize LESS CPU ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Devonkev
Level 7
I'll give it a try over the weekend. The only other thing that could cause concern will be having 2 versions of Asus sonic studio !!
Thanks Gps3dx.