cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q Swift Failing?

FrozenClock
Level 7
Hey guys,

Ran a quick search on Google and there appears to be a few threads relating to this.

I came out of a game earlier on and noticed my desktop fonts were all a little "off". It was like the monitor was running in a resolution other than 2560x1440. Nothing was crisp and the desktop had a slight flicker (Similar to G-Sync at very low frame rates).

The fault seems to be worst at 144Hz and almost invisible when running ULMB mode (I never use this generally so can't really comment on it except it appears fairly dim.)

I have removed and reseated 980Ti, tried a different DP cable, removed and reinstalled the 980Ti drivers and reset the resolution in Windows. No dice.

I recently had the PSU RMA'd as it was occasionally dead and needed reset by unplugging and replugging. I am worried that perhaps this has caused damage to the monitor itself.

I will get in touch with ASUS tech when they're open tomorrow - I assume this is a case for RMA?

Cheers!
2 REPLIES 2

grassy
Level 12
Have you tried another monitor.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

CptSpig
Level 7
You should move this thread to the Rog Swift thread above. I think more people with this monitor will see your post.