cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help on Booting from SSD Win 10 Asus Z170

Streamroller
Level 7
Before i go for fully clean install,want to try here for help because i cannot seem to solve it

After i changed my Z68A Mobo CPU and Ram TO Skylake build Asus Z170-S TUF and i7 6700k,my SSD and HDD remained same,i plugged everything together and everything worked fine but after a little i noticed insane long BOOT UP times like 25 sec from 8 sec (old setup).
I cannot BOOT from my SSD if i choose First SSD then Second HDD it says BOOTMGR. missing.If i Choose HDD first system boots.

What i tried so far is AHCI mode (by default AHCI)
Insert cable in different ports
Any help is greatly appreciated 😮

Looking foward to your reply
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
Memory training for DDR4 takes longer than conventional DDR3.

In regards to optimizing the boot process for speed, you can try the recommendation from this user.
d5aqoep wrote:
Things you have to do:
1. Make GPT UEFI USB installer windows 10 disk using RUFUS 1.7
2. Disable CSM in your BIOS settings.
3. Boot Windows setup from the created USB drive by pressing F8 at ASUS ROG logo screen at the very beginning.
4. Make sure your 950 is formatted to GPT style partition. If windows is not allowing you to install, delete any existing partitions on 950 PRO and let setup create partitions.
5. After install, let Windows 10 finish indexing, updating, and sending all your private data to Microsoft 😛
6. Make sure you have fastboot enabled in BIOS as well as in power settings of Windows

That's it.

Shutdown and Start would be the fastest.

Restarts would be slower but still better.

It takes me 4 seconds from ASUS ROG logo to fully loaded OS. I don't even see those circling dots of Windows.

Enjoy and do not complain ever of slow boot speeds. You are doing it wrong.

Heini
Level 11
If I understand correctly, you want to change from an 1155 board to a 1151 without reinstalling Windows?

Hey Thanks for answer

Nope i can boot the system and play it fine (if i select HDD 2 first) what i want is BOOT from SSD for quicker boot up

Even SSD have Win10 i cant boot from it,only from HDD 😞

kkn
Level 14
you have OS on hdd, thats the problem.
you have to do a fresh instal.