cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Questions

spluff
Level 7
1. I can run my Corsir 3000 memory using XMP and PC seems fine. It takes longer to POST than using standard is this normal?

2. Using this XMP - does this overclock the CPU aswell (6700k)?

3. What is sonic suite used for and can I uninstall it in windows 10?
6 REPLIES 6

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
I can only provide a definitive answer to point 3, others I'm sure will be able to answer points 1 and 2.

Sonic Studio can be un-installed if required, it is not needed to control the audio devices. That being said, it does give you the user more fine grained control over the audio. It has a fairly slick interface (looks nice) and there are software utilities to improve incoming and outgoing sounds. I would be wary of using Sonic Radar for gaming though as other users have had issues in which they have been deemed to be playing unfairly by the games designers. But if all you want is basic functionality then just run without installing it.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
1. Memory training.

2. No.

3. Part of the SupremeFX audio package. And yes, you can uninstall it.

So it doesn't need to do any memory training when using XMP?

What advantages is there to running at XMP speed for my memory? It was running fine with it enabled but I disabled it because it was taking longer to boot 🙂

drop4205
Level 12
xmp is ok but better if you set the timings, voltage and speed manually then tweak from there
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
xmp is ok but better if you set the timings, voltage and speed manually then tweak from there

Why would this be better as the settings for XMP are what the memory should be running (if windows is running okay with XMP profile)?

I presume its so you can tweak them up or down ?

JET_1983
Level 7
spluff wrote:
1. I can run my Corsir 3000 memory using XMP and PC seems fine. It takes longer to POST than using standard is this normal?

2. Using this XMP - does this overclock the CPU aswell (6700k)?

3. What is sonic suite used for and can I uninstall it in windows 10?

- you can testing a long ranges of memory brands

- no ! its only optimizing the memory bus speed .

- do not install sonic suit or any realtek audio driver ,
if you did it just uninstall it as soon as possible
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85