cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovered a problem with new build PC

Dave500
Level 7
I Have been having issues with sound since i started using my new build ,After installing Teamspeak 3 client , when my Steel series head set
Was pugged into the front panel audio ports the Mic was broadcasting in game sounds or any other sounds on the pc when i was talking to friends,
& would also broadcast other sounds such as music and video players and browsers when mic switched off

I tried just about every thing i could think of in the Teamspeak settings , but it would still bleed through, I un installed the realtek driver and asus
sonic studio ect , and it made zero difference using the windows 7 drivers

So i re installed the latest audio driver package from the asus site, and again no difference, Only after plugging the headset into
the rear IO of the motherboard did it solve this strange issue, But TS3 now gives some error each time i connect to my own server

The case is a Thermaltake Core X31, So could this be a MOBO issue or an issue with the front panel cabling/plug config?
5 REPLIES 5

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
It's not a problem in TS3 configuration?

kkn
Level 14
that is TS setup options.
you have to set up the recording and listening sources in TS.

I have been using ts3 for several years and know 100% it wasn't a configuration issue in ts3

Also buy plugging the headset in the rear io jacks and the problem ceasing straight away further supports this

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
I have the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha and a ROG Front Base. Same problem though, Front audio is unusable due to background noise, rear ports are OK. Asus tech support suggested that I RMA the Front Base but I'm certain it won't fix the problem (and I'll more than likely end up with a worse unit in some way), therefore I just use the rear ports instead. It's not ideal but I can live with it.

Update I recently updated the realtek sound driver with the latest on the Asus Support site, and the issue i described earlier is now gone (front audio Mic jack)

I'm guessing that something with the older driver package didn't install properly, Even though it had been un-installed, and re installed 2 or 3 times , weird but it wasn't the case after all