cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Power Supply Replacement

purekaoz777
Level 8
Hey guys, I've been searching on the forums if someone has asked for help with a power supply adapter for G75vw but I haven't found one so if there is a post out there already that I haven't found, then I'm sorry 😄

I've been looking around and it seems there are different plug sockets for the G75vw power supplies and I'm not too sure how to measure my plug socket in any way. My exact model is G75VW-9z219S and I see the ADP-180HB D power supplies with 5.5mm ×2.5mm and 7.4mm x5.0mm plugs. Does anyone know which one I need?

Thanks 🙂

Below are pictures of my previous plug.

56905 56906
5 REPLIES 5

cdma2k
Level 7

cdma2k wrote:
try here http://store.asus.com/us/category/A19419

They don't seem to have an 180W supply. And I'm from Australia, the ASUS store in AU is very limited so I'll have to go to a third party source.

cdma2k
Level 7

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
purekaoz777 wrote:

I've been looking around and it seems there are different plug sockets for the G75vw power supplies and I'm not too sure how to measure my plug socket in any way. My exact model is G72VW-9z219S and I see the ADP-180HB D power supplies with 5.5mm ×2.5mm and 7.4mm x5.0mm plugs. Does anyone know which one I need?

All the G75VW models use the same 180w adapter, so you don't need to worry about different plug sizes as long as you are getting the AC adapter for the G75VW (assuming you typed the wrong model name and have the G75VW if you want to double-check).
Sorry, don't have the plug size specifications with me right now if you're trying to find third party adapters.

Not sure how much they can help, but hopefully they have some good suggestion if you want to check with your local ASUS support office which may be able to help you find the adapter sold through ASUS..
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs?_ga=1.208337563.86578497.1449686018

Otherwise, if you want to check the website specs, some current ROG models like the G752VT also use the 180w adapter with the same plug size as the G75VW if you can get your hands on one of those.
Hopefully, you can find some ASUS resellers selling it if you're interested.

Good luck!

cl-Albert wrote:
All the G75VW models use the same 180w adapter, so you don't need to worry about different plug sizes as long as you are getting the AC adapter for the G75VW (assuming you typed the wrong model name and have the G75VW if you want to double-check).
Sorry, don't have the plug size specifications with me right now if you're trying to find third party adapters.

Not sure how much they can help, but hopefully they have some good suggestion if you want to check with your local ASUS support office which may be able to help you find the adapter sold through ASUS..
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs?_ga=1.208337563.86578497.1449686018

Otherwise, if you want to check the website specs, some current ROG models like the G752VT also use the 180w adapter with the same plug size as the G75VW if you can get your hands on one of those.
Hopefully, you can find some ASUS resellers selling it if you're interested.

Good luck!

Yeah sorry I mistyped, I meant to say G75VW hahah. It seems I cant directly buy adapters through the Australian Asus Store so my best option is most likely a third party adapter.

I just purchased a 180W adapter with 5.5mm x 2.5mm plug so hopefully that fits. I'll update this as soon I get the adapter. Thanks for the help 🙂