cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus viii hero on board graphics

baggio2121
Level 7
Hi to everyone !

I am using on board graphics for about a month and today at last i will order a geforce gtx970 .

May i disable on board graphics from bios before put vga ?
I must uninstall intel drivers before install nvidia drivers ?

Thank you !
2 REPLIES 2

Menthol
Level 14
As long as you connect your monitor to the gtx970 the board should recognize it and set the bios accordingly without you having to change anything, on first boot it will be looking for Nvidia drivers, you can download them before installing the card but you can't install them until the new card is installed
You do not need to uninstall the Intel drivers or disable the Intel iGPU, if you want to use dual monitors with one connected to the onboard GPU then you would need to go into the bios and enable the Intel GPU and change settings to dual monitors

Menthol wrote:
As long as you connect your monitor to the gtx970 the board should recognize it and set the bios accordingly without you having to change anything, on first boot it will be looking for Nvidia drivers, you can download them before installing the card but you can't install them until the new card is installed
You do not need to uninstall the Intel drivers or disable the Intel iGPU, if you want to use dual monitors with one connected to the onboard GPU then you would need to go into the bios and enable the Intel GPU and change settings to dual monitors

Amazing ! Thank you so much !