cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Panel. Clock problem

Vasilis_07
Level 7
I have the ROG Front Panel. First I had installed with my old Z87 system (Z87 Maximus VI Hero). Everything was ok.

Since January 2016 build a new Z170 system with Z170 Maximus VIII Hero. The clock of the Rog panel didn't work. Only show -:-.

There are any compatibility problem with this motherboard or the panel has problem ?
6 REPLIES 6

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
Have you flashed the Panel with V48 Firmware?
For Z170 you should have installed Windows driver version 1.01.17 and firmware V48 on the Panel.

Vasilis_07
Level 7
How can see the firmware had already the panel and how update the latest ?

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
I don't know which operating system your using so can't link directly to the correct file, but the selection page can be found here... https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboard-Accessories/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/
Choose your OS from the drop down list and download the latest driver.
Extract to a folder of your choice and open.
Run the Asus Setup executable to install the Windows driver.
Next open the FBFW folder that is also contained in the same place.
Run the "ROG FRONT BASE" executable.
Click the file browse button "..."
Select the firmware file FB035Exv48.H00" (if installing version 48!)
Click the "Start" button and let it do its thing.
That should be it.

You can check what version of Firmware you are currently running by shutting down the PC, keep power supplied to the motherboard though. Once fully shutdown, press and hold the Front Base select knob for a good 5 seconds. The currently installed firmware version will be displayed in the top righthand corner of the display.

Vasilis_07
Level 7
Previous version 4.4. I did everything as you write. But the result it's the same. The clock don't work.

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
Have you updated the BIOS?
You could also try the solution posted here... https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81652-Having-trouble-with-the-Front-Base-and-Z170-Check-th...

Vasilis_07
Level 7
Yes the BIOS it's the last 1601