Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Puffnstuff's Avatar

For what its worth I reflashed my bios back to 3103 so only time will tell if this is fixed. I'm thinking about getting a sorsair axi replacement power supply and selling this one.

Well here we are and a few minutes ago it shutdown without warning on me so I rolled back to 3003. Before this issue started I never had any issues with 3003 so I'm hoping that it will be solid for me again. Surge protection is turned off in bios as it was in 3103 so IDK unless my power supply is rippling and causing it.

I'm beginning to suspect that the ESD function in bios 3103 is borked. Since rolling back to 3003 I've tried doing the very same things that I was when 3103 shutdown on me. I know it's the motherboard because each time it has happened my board still had power so the power supply didn't activate the protection circuitry. I can't say for sure exactly what precipitated the shutdowns because there are times that all I was doing was surfing the web, however the last time I'd just loaded a bdrw into my drive and it was in the process of searching the disc when power was cut.

If anyone can offer some insight as o what's occurring I'd love to hear from you. ESD in the bios is deactivated as it was in 3103 and it still cut power.

Just a follow up. I'm still on 3003 with ESD deactivated and no issues since rolling back this time. I've tried moving the case, jiggling wires, surging the system and even had the APC run a test without any issues. I've burned BDRW"s, opened and closed the disc drawer multiple times like before a pretty much everything I can think of that I did before when it shutdown on 3103 and it's running fine.

ROG Member Array Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    MotherboardBiostar B350GTS AM4
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    Memory (part number)2X4GB at 2133
    Graphics Card #1XFX RX480 8GB
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    CaseRosewill THOR V2 Gaming Full Tower
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Puffnstuff View Post
    Just a follow up. I'm still on 3003 with ESD deactivated and no issues since rolling back this time. I've tried moving the case, jiggling wires, surging the system and even had the APC run a test without any issues. I've burned BDRW"s, opened and closed the disc drawer multiple times like before a pretty much everything I can think of that I did before when it shutdown on 3103 and it's running fine.
    Hey Puffnstuff, where in the UEFI exactly is the ESD option? I'm thinking of moving back down to 3003 myself as I have been having restart issues also, but I would like to know where the ESD option is so I can make sure mine is disabled as well. Thanks.

Hey Silver it's on the monitor page 2nd line down titled ant-surge support. I had it disabled when I was running 3103 and it still happened which is why I believe that function has been inadvertently disabled making it active all the time. I never had the issue on any previous bios version until 3103 and after considering everything that has happened I've narrowed my problem down to the ESD. Also I would suggest that you use the ezflath utility in the bios to perform the downgrade.

Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Hey Silver it's on the monitor page 2nd line down titled ant-surge support. I had it disabled when I was running 3103 and it still happened which is why I believe that function has been inadvertently disabled making it active all the time. I never had the issue on any previous bios version until 3103 and after considering everything that has happened I've narrowed my problem down to the ESD. Also I would suggest that you use the ezflath utility in the bios to perform the downgrade.
    Thanks Puffnstuff. Yes, I always use the EZFlash for BIOS changes. I'll be downgrading it tonite.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

The Asus probe driver on the website might fix ACPI problems

For power off/on issue, it is good to troubleshoot. It may be the power supply or CPU or motherboard or BIOS needs update. You can update the drivers and the bios and see if power off/on is gone, please.
    If the problem persist, you can swap the power supply and see if the problem goes away. If the problem persist, check if the CPU's thermal paste has dried up and get new thermal paste. Check temperature to make sure it is not throttling.
    If there is plenty of thermal paste, swap the CPU for another one to see if the problem goes away. Sometimes, it is overclocking. Please reduce frequency or core ratio.
    If all troubleshooting steps are exhausted, please RMA motherboard for repairs.

The anti-surge support function is the only feature on the board that will shutdown in an instant leaving power to it. I've had it disabled on every bios version prior to 3103 and never had an issue with instant shutdowns. It most definitely isn't my power supply, Enermax platimax1350w, and too many other people with asus boards complaining about the ESD shutting them down randomly.

Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    OS Windows 10 Pro

The anti-surge support function is the only feature on the board that will shutdown in an instant leaving power to it. I've had it disabled on every bios version prior to 3103 and never had an issue with instant shutdowns. It most definitely isn't my power supply, Enermax platimax1350w, and too many other people with asus boards complaining about the ESD shutting them down randomly.
    I rolled back to 3003 last night and almost immediately, after booting back into windows, I noticed an overall performance increase, will watch it and test it over the next several days, but on my system at least, it seems, 3103 limited performance as well as the ESD issue. I'll get back after a few days to see how my system is doing back on 3003. Thanks for the advice Puffnstuff!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast