Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Puffnstuff's Avatar

Glad to hear that you made that discovery. Hopefully everything will work out for you now and y our s stem will be stable.

ROG Member Array Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    MotherboardBiostar B350GTS AM4
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    Memory (part number)2X4GB at 2133
    Graphics Card #1XFX RX480 8GB
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    CaseRosewill THOR V2 Gaming Full Tower
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Puffnstuff View Post
    Glad to hear that you made that discovery. Hopefully everything will work out for you now and y our s stem will be stable.
    well it worked for awhile, just had 3 restarts again. Narrowing down to either Mobo or power supply. Gonna hold off(if system lasts that long) and build new skylake system next summer.

Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Silverdragon68 View Post
    well it worked for awhile, just had 3 restarts again. Narrowing down to either Mobo or power supply. Gonna hold off(if system lasts that long) and build new skylake system next summer.
    Well, swapped my Corsair HX850 out with my KingWin 1000 and voila! Apparently, BIOS 3003 is fine, my Corsair was flaking out causing restarts after the BIOS downgrade. Now, the system should hold together pretty well until next summer until I can afford to build a new skylake system.

Glad you found the problem. If that corsair is still under warranty I'd sent it in under rma.

Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Glad you found the problem. If that corsair is still under warranty I'd sent it in under rma.
    Thanks Puffnstuff, I just submitted an RMA ticket to Corsair and will let ya'll know how that goes. It has a 5 year warranty and its only 2 years old, so keeping my fingers crossed. System enjoyable once again. Just won't go back to 3103 since that seems to do something which started all this mess. I'm thinking, theoretically of course, that 3103 changed something in the voltage/voltage regulators. 3003 seems to be the last stable bios for the Maximus VII Hero at the moment. How's your system doing these days?

I still believe that ESD is broken in 3103 and when you set it to off in the bios that it is still enabled hence the random shutdowns. It's the only setting in there that is designed to immediately shutdown your pc when a problem is detected. I never had that issue before 3103 and it hasn't happened again since rolling back to 3003. I'm running an Enermax platimax 1350 power supply in this system which is overkill.

Silverdragon68 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700
    MonitorAOC G2770PQU
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I still believe that ESD is broken in 3103 and when you set it to off in the bios that it is still enabled hence the random shutdowns. It's the only setting in there that is designed to immediately shutdown your pc when a problem is detected. I never had that issue before 3103 and it hasn't happened again since rolling back to 3003. I'm running an Enermax platimax 1350 power supply in this system which is overkill.
    Staying at 3003 myself, have already started the RMA for the Corsair, but the KingWin is staying in my main system for now. LOL.

New ROGer Array

I know this is a late response and it seems like most people figured out their solution to this problem, but I'm having it now and none of the recommended fixes in here have worked, other than replacing the motherboard.

I've flashed the BIOS back to 3003, disabled the voltage surge protection thing, tried reseating all RAM sticks, GPU, made sure power cables were all plugged in nice and tight.

Happens about once a day, most of the time when I am not at the computer and it's not running any programs other than Chrome. Sometimes it will shut off when I am playing a game. But it's not a temperature issue, been monitoring that.

Happens on both win 8.1 and MacOS 10.13.5 (hackintosh) so it's not just Windows. Was also doing it on Windows 10 before I reformatted and went back to 8.1.

Any suggestions? I'm on my last nerve here and getting really tired of my computer just randomly turning itself off when I am trying to work.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8