Monitor3 PG27AQ
    Storage #1Intel 750 SSD PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 SSD U.2 1.2 TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCase Labs SMA8
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    OS Windows 10 Pro and Xubuntu (both x64)

Arrival of Intel Celeron G3900 and further actions

Hi all,

The latest update on the situation. The motherboard is the most likely candidate at fault here

I recieved the intel Celeron G3900 this afternoon and have tested it on the motherboard. There was no change in status of the motherboard, persisting with a Q code of 00. All the tests that I run produced identical results with both CPUs, with no change in voltage after testing the back side of the motherboard on all 4,8 and 24 pins, no change upon testing with multiple RAM sticks on different DIMM slots, and definitely no change in the likelihood of POSTing.

The good news is that, I recieved an email this morning from the store that I bought the motherboard from. They send over a pre-paid returns label and issued a returns number for further testing and a possible RMA. The weird thing that they specified in the email was that an RMA would have not been successful if the I/O shield was missing or if there were any bent CPU pins. I can understands the rationale behind the bent CPU pins, but not the missing I/O shield. They must have had a large number or RMA requests with a missing I/O shields leading to an increase of cost on their end, or something similar.

I shipped the motherboard to them this afternoon, and wrote them an email ensuring them that the I/O shield is included with the motherboard and that there are no bent CPU pins since I checked them myself at least 5 times by now with a x25 magnifying loupe.

I recon shipping will take about 1-2 days, and then hopefully they can test it within 3-5 days, as they mentioned in their website. Given that they will arrive at the same conclusion and sucessufly RMA it, an optimistic result would be the replacement to arrive by Monday.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Steelseries Prime+
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Ok vyras

Sorry to hear a new cpu didn't get you going but you can be sure now it's the motherboard, give us an update when you get your replacement.

ROG Enthusiast Array vyras PC Specs
    vyras PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 6700K
    Memory (part number)G Skill Ripjaws V (4*16GB) F4-3000C15Q-64GVRGB
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Titan X
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia Titan X
    Monitor3 PG27AQ
    Storage #1Intel 750 SSD PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 SSD U.2 1.2 TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCase Labs SMA8
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    OS Windows 10 Pro and Xubuntu (both x64)

Final Update and Resolution

Hi all,

I would like to thank you all for your feedback. After I sent the motherboard over for RMA, I was expecting it to get "fixed “or at least replaced within 3-5 days, just as their website stated. This was not the case. After a 3 day waiting time with no answer from them, I finally called them up and asked them what was going on with my RMA request. I was then informed that the motherboard had to be sent off to ASUS since they did not know what was wrong with it. They also informed me that this process would take ä couple of weeks". As soon as I heard this I panicked. I told myself that I couldn't sit around waiting for ASUS to figure out what is wrong with the motherboard and decide if they are going to send me a new one, or even worse, determine that I did something (which I didn't) and reject my RMA.

As soon as I got that information, I rushed to the closes computer with internet connecting I could find and ordered a new M8E. To be honest I did consider changing motherboard, but at the time this was the best motherboard money could buy, and I had already everything that I needed on it, such as support for 2 intel 750 SSD, (U.2 and PCIe lane) and I am water-cooling my system so any change in the spatial arrangement of the motherboard and I would have had to bend new tubes (hard tubing, PETG), and all that jazz which I did not have time for. After receiving the motherboard, I successfully rebuild the system, which is working perfectly until this day. After a while I stopped being worried about the RMA and somehow forgot about it.

This was until yesterday morning where I got a text from my bank that someone had deposited a sum of money (which I latter found out that was the same amount of money that I payed for the motherboard the first time around). At first I was confused, because it was quite unexpected. After I realised that this was a refund from the website about the RMA, I checked my email for any messages they could have sent me, informing me of the status of the motherboard. Since I did not get any email back and because I was still curious, I wrote to the requesting to know the status of my RMA. I received a replay quoting this

"We have heard back from the manufacture and they can’t repair or replace it, Due to this we have refunded it on this reference *******"

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am dissatisfied with their decision to refund me, I was planning to ask them to refund it myself, what was I going to do with 2 motherboards? The thing is why can't ASUS fix it and did they really find out what was wrong with it?

Anyway, the thing is that my system is working now and that the motherboard was refunded since it was not a problem that I caused on my part, but something went wrong with the motherboard itself.

I would like to advice people in the future that might get a problem like this, to first start eliminating possible defective items such as CPU, PSU and RAM, and then if nothing works, RMA the motherboard and hope for the best.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Steelseries Prime+
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Thank you for the update, so it was the motherboard after all. Well it's good to see they refunded you and you ordered a new one, doing this was actually better than an RMA, at least you know you have a brand new motherboard.

ROG Member Array osiris316 PC Specs
    osiris316 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 Fury 4GB 4096-Bit HBM TRI-X OC
    MonitorASUS VG248QE Black 24"
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V5P256BW
    Storage #2WD Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD1003FZEX
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S 120x120x25 ( NF-F12 PWM) Two fan
    CaseAntec Twelve Hundred V3
    Power SupplyEVGA 220-T2-1000-X1
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB
    Mouse Logitech G602
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi vyras ,

I had read your thread a few weeks ago when I was having some similar issues. Glad to see you've got your situation in a better place now. I agree with your words of wisdom. For myself, it was the PSU that was causing all of my issues.

Cheers buddy,

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

The last few ASUS boards I have purchased from Newegg and got the 1 year no hassle warranty, haven't used one yet but figured a small price to pay not to hassle with ASUS support which has gone down hill the last several years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2