cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII cpu tool

Stylee
Level 7
Installed the board and the 6700k yesterday, was so excited I forgot to use the CPU tool lol, it's a nice touch from Asus to include it but should I retro fit it or just leave it until I next refresh compound or not bother at all 🙂

Followed the of guide for 4.6, loving this forum more every day 🙂
I9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz - ASUS Maximus XII Hero - Corsair Vengeance PRO @ 3200 4x16gb
ASUS TUF 3090 OC - FD Define R6 -Custom Loop - A cat called Nacho 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

vyras
Level 7
Hi Stylee,

I didnn't unsedtand what you mean with the CPU tool. Are you talking about that small black thing you can hold your CPU with, that asus included in the box? If yes, then there is no need to use that.

You also talk about refreshing compound, is that the thermal paste? If you have succesfully installed the CPU why would you want to take the CPU out ?

Could you also include an image or two of this CPU tool you are mentioning? In order for use to be on the same page.

Thanks

Stylee
Level 7
Hi Vyras,

Sorry yes the black plastic holder that you can place into the socket that came in the box, just makes handling it easier 🙂

Only reason I will be refreshing thermal paste is when I get around to building my custom loop, was going to do it yesterday but ran out of time.

Like you said no need to use it so will leave it alone for now, thanks for the reply 🙂
I9 10900k @ 5.2Ghz - ASUS Maximus XII Hero - Corsair Vengeance PRO @ 3200 4x16gb
ASUS TUF 3090 OC - FD Define R6 -Custom Loop - A cat called Nacho 🙂