cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS G752VY Windows 10 Home or Pro?

yaconnor
Level 7
My laptop have Windows 10 Home and not Pro, is this usual? I thought, i have the pro edition of the os.

thanks for answers! 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

Gustave
Level 9
The G752 ships with the Home version of Windows 10. For most that is sufficient. I upgraded to the Pro version myself from within the OS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gustave wrote:
The G752 ships with the Home version of Windows 10. For most that is sufficient. I upgraded to the Pro version myself from within the OS.

Ah, didnt know. I thought the G752VY will have the Pro Edition. Thanks for your answer 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
All ship with home edition. You will find nearly all manufactures do. The versions are not all that dissimilar these days. Even the M$ surface ships with home unless you buy the Surface pro then its shipped with the pro version.
The only thing pro offers over home that is not 100% geared toward business use is bitlocker but you can use other sofware encrytion that is probably better than bitlocker.
Other than that its all business related thngs like remote desktop, domain configurations and group policies etc.
I use the Pro version because of the way my home network is configured as a domain and for the remote desktop. $99 in the M$ store to upgrade.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein