cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling XMP makes my RAID disappear

jaimed2002
Level 7
I have tried searching so this is not a double up, and I could not find anything that matched so I hope I am not doubling up.

I have a ROG Rampage V Extreme updated to the ASUS released 2001 BIOS. For the first time, I enabled XMP as my Corsair Vengeance
DDR4 3000Mhz, was only being seen as 2133Mhz. On reboot it went straight into BIOS as it said I had no boot drives. The RAM
was happy and showed it's correct speed, but when I looked into the RAID section it could not see ANY of my drives, and nor could it
see them anywhere in the BIOS even as standard drives.
(And yes I did have RAID enabled)

So does anyone know why enabling XMP kills RAID? It sucks because my whole system can't be sped up, much less my RAM thinking it's
2133Mhz. Also with XMP disabled I can only use 16GB of memory.

Heellllpppp!!! 🙂

My Rig:
Intel i7-5930K, Rampage V Extreme MB, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, XFX 295X2 (I have 2 of these, so 4 vid cards, but only 1
is installed), Corsair AX1500i Digital Power Supply, Seagate SSHD 2TB x 2 (RAID 0), Samsung 840 EVO SSD x 2 (RAID 0),
Samsung 850 EVO SSD x 2 (RAID 0), Sound Blaster ZxR DB Pro .... In an in desk "case" with both water cooling and air cooling
5 REPLIES 5

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
And with the older BIOS, how it were working?

Did you saw all the 32GB?

No, sorry I should have mentioned I had 1601 and same thing as in RAID disappears when XMP is on, and can't see 32GB.

It definitely seems it needs to have XMP on the see the 32GB, I have ready before how this board can have voltage issues when all RAM bays are populated .

Turning on XMP fixes that, but of course it kills the RAID . Turn XMP off, and there is the RAID again perfectly as it was.

It has been completely baffled.

Legolas
Level 9
Did you test 3008 and the problem persists?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Craig
Level 8
It sounds like you will need to turn off XMP and just manually put in your ram timings.

Thanks Legolas and Craig.

No I have not tested anything other than the 2 I mentioned. I sort of figured that if it spanned two bios' as far apart as the two I had tried the issue must be be something else or others would have had it.

I think I may just have to turn XMP on, steal the settings it used, then turn it off and manually enter them.

Seems a real pain though, pay a fortune for the mobo for it to do it's thing and it is failing for me doing it's thing.