cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Raid DLX not recording any sound in shadowplay? (Resolved, see steps inside)

Massive
Level 9
I've tried asking on the Nvidia forums, but there's not a whole of people there with this soundcard there. Anyone here had any issued with it or possible fixes to the problem?

Shadowplay will basically only record the microphone and not any other sound.

Edit: No sound either using FRAPs either..

SOLUTION

Found a solution! At least one that worked for me! I'm always so frustrated when people doesnt post results, so I'll give my solution!

Basically, having SONIC STUDIO active (Program Open, NB: Check hidden Taskbar icon) while starting any recording program (Fraps, Shadowplay) will result in the Sound not capturing.
You can observe this in the Volume Mixer, that the NVIDIA Capture Server will open but instantly close if Sonic Studio is open while you try to start it.

I've seen elsewhere that people point out that you have to uninstall Sonic Studio, but simply closing it was sufficient for me. Hope this can help others as well 🙂

Versions (Newest per today date)
Sonic Studio v1.1.2
Sound Card FW v1.03
Control Box FW v.1.14

2 REPLIES 2

crookedview
Level 7
Hi Massive,

Out of curiosity, which driver version are you using? And is the Asus STRIX card your default audio device in Windows?

I'm using the Asus Strix RAID Pro and I'm able to record using ShadowPlay with audio.

Found a solution! At least one that worked for me! I'm always so frustrated when people doesnt post results, so I'll give my solution!

Basically, having SONIC STUDIO active (Program Open, NB: Check hidden Taskbar icon) while starting any recording program (Fraps, Shadowplay) will result in the Sound not capturing.
You can observe this in the Volume Mixer, that the NVIDIA Capture Server will open but instantly close if Sonic Studio is open while you try to start it.

I've seen elsewhere that people point out that you have to uninstall Sonic Studio, but simply closing it was sufficient for me. Hope this can help others as well 🙂

Versions (Newest per today date)
Sonic Studio v1.1.2
Sound Card FW v1.03
Control Box FW v.1.14