cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g74sx-a1 webcam frame rate

max785
Level 7
Hi I would like to know if there a way to increase the webcam frame rate on this laptop because it's not very fluid ... thanks
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
Decreasing DPC Latency could help, particularly if you have the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter and are using the camera for wireless video conferencing, such as Skype. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5126-Any-Kind-of-Lag-and-Atheros-WiFi-Card

The OP of the "Drivers, Apps, and How-to's thread has a link to the most recent Atheros driver version 9.2.1.470.

If you really want wireless performance, you should consider an upgrade to the Intel 6300 WiFi card and use the 5 Ghz band.

Be sure to check out the DPC Latency Checker. There could be other drivers causing latency on your laptop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

how I decreace it ? And i'm talking when i'm taking a video using the webcam .

dstrakele
Level 14
You decrease DPC Latency by identifying the drivers causing it using DPC Latency Checker, then update those drivers. Hopefully the updated versions perform better and create less latency.

If you are recording videos, framerate is usually configured in the software you are using to make the recording. What video recording software are you using?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT