cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIII Hero - Beep at post?

TheFink
Level 7
Hey all,

I was reading in the VIII Hero manual that the mobo is supposed to put out beep codes and beep at post, but when my machine posts I don't hear anything. I don't have an internal speaker, but mobos I've had in the past have had a small speaker built onto the board for beep codes. Does this board have one and am I supposed to hear anything at post?

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

drop4205
Level 12
it probably didnt come with internal speaker, You can get one and add it if you like. I stole mine from my older motherboard to put on the board I have now
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Internal speakers usually are included with chassis /cases mine was

Dave500 wrote:
Internal speakers usually are included with chassis /cases mine was

My ASROCK mobo had a beep speaker built onto the motherboard for error codes. I'm surprised this one doesn't. I honestly didn't know they still made cases with speakers on them. I haven't used one since my 8088 XT build. 🙂

So if I want to hear the BIOS beeps, I need to hook up a speaker?

TheFink wrote:
My ASROCK mobo had a beep speaker built onto the motherboard for error codes. I'm surprised this one doesn't. I honestly didn't know they still made cases with speakers on them. I haven't used one since my 8088 XT build. 🙂

So if I want to hear the BIOS beeps, I need to hook up a speaker?

most if not all pc cases sold comes with a small speaker as part of the accessories. it looks like this.