cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT - Hard lagging on 2D Games

timkiene
Level 7
Hi guys.

I tried to play agar.io on my G751JT but it's getting laggy every 20-30 seconds for about 3-4 seconds, after that it's normal playable until it starts lagging again.
Has anyone an idea how to fix that?

I'm running a freshly installed full licensed Win8.1 with all drivers on it.

CPU: i7-4720HQ/BGA
Graphic card: GTX 970M
6 REPLIES 6

Asoryu
Level 9
timkiene wrote:
Hi guys.

I tried to play agar.io on my G751JT but it's getting laggy every 20-30 seconds for about 3-4 seconds, after that it's normal playable until it starts lagging again.
Has anyone an idea how to fix that?

I'm running a freshly installed full licensed Win8.1 with all drivers on it.

CPU: i7-4720HQ/BGA
Graphic card: GTX 970M

Yea, buy a new laptop from a different company.

Asoryu wrote:
Yea, buy a new laptop from a different company.

Thanks for that advice. oO

BTW.: I´ve figured our that there must be something with the wireless card. I pinged google.com 400 times and the result was that every 30 seconds the ping was exploding to 200-300ms.
Any ideas how to fix that? (tried in different networks)

timkiene wrote:
Thanks for that advice. oO

BTW.: I´ve figured our that there must be something with the wireless card. I pinged google.com 400 times and the result was that every 30 seconds the ping was exploding to 200-300ms.
Any ideas how to fix that? (tried in different networks)

Yea, I had the exact same issue with mine. about every 30 seconds I would get 3-4 second lag spikes. ASUS refuses to address the problem and provide a fix but there are quite a few threads you can look up.
My biggest suggestion is to make sure you've uninstalled the Rog Gamers first 3 (I think that's what it's call) network management tool. It was the biggest part of my problem.

Asoryu wrote:
Yea, I had the exact same issue with mine. about every 30 seconds I would get 3-4 second lag spikes. ASUS refuses to address the problem and provide a fix but there are quite a few threads you can look up.
My biggest suggestion is to make sure you've uninstalled the Rog Gamers first 3 (I think that's what it's call) network management tool. It was the biggest part of my problem.

Okay it didn´t fix the problem.

timkiene wrote:
Okay it didn´t fix the problem.

You can search the forum for more info, if I recall correctly there is a windows 8.1 setting that throttles or shuts down the wifi card when not in use. I'll see if I can't recall what it was and reply back.

Asoryu
Level 9
Okay, the first thing that I would do is disable fast boot on which ever version of Windows you're running. For me it was keeping bad drivers resident in memory and preventing me from getting a clean startup.
I would also suggest downloading the latest version of the Intel drivers for your card. As a preventative measure before installing them (make sure you have them downloaded first) I would also use device manager to delete the old files.
After everything is installed and setup the way you think it should work I would do a reboot making sure that fastboot was of. This with the combination of Gamers first III and it's crappy QOS, I was good to go after doing this.
You may want to try also disabling IPV6 too. It's been buggy for me as far as latency is concerned on my work machine.