cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'll never purchase another ASUS product again.

Asoryu
Level 9
So besides buying a laptop that was and is still defective out of the box, having not been made whole during the warranty period, and being asked to pay for an update to my laptop that we all know already exists on the current hardware.

When I put in my ticket to ASUS asking for the information about the "upgrade" to my G751JT here is the response verbatim. Please keep in mind that my name isn't Ben.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support. My name is AinsleyM and I am sorry that you are having this issue with your unit.

I am more than happy to assist you in resolving this.

I am sorry Ben , we would not be able to send you a replacement screw. The notebook would have to be sent to ASUS to have this resolved. I do apologize.

Please contact us to have a RMA processed to have the unit sent to ASUS.

Please make note of your case number for future reference: (Deleted to protect the innocent)

Feel free to contact us here at ASUS anytime for support. We are happy to assist!
For additional assistance our Customer Support phone numbers are 1-888-678-3688 or 1-877-339-2787.
You may also use our Live Chat option. Here's the link: https://secure.livechatinc.com/licence/1792571/open_chat.cgi

Best Regards,
Ainsley M.

For several months this is the kind of support I received from ASUS and frankly, I can't understand how they are still in business. I grew so frustrated with no answers and their representatives not responding or not following through that I've given up and basically have thrown away about 1800 dollars.

If any of you ASUS representatives are listening, this is how you lose a customer for life.
10 REPLIES 10

xamoel
Level 7
Have to say I can understand your trouble.

There seems to be extremely little QC, I mean the 751JY had speaker problems for months before any kind of "fix", which still doens't make it great, was developed.

Next time I'll probably invest a little more and get an Alienware, at least their support is top notch.

xamoel wrote:
Have to say I can understand your trouble.

There seems to be extremely little QC, I mean the 751JY had speaker problems for months before any kind of "fix", which still doens't make it great, was developed.

Next time I'll probably invest a little more and get an Alienware, at least their support is top notch.

Agreed, for the same price I could have had a Dell and at least had decent support.

At the time I could have had the same laptop from Alienware for the same price but I chose to support a local store. After almost a year of fighting with ASUS and never getting my issues resolved at all I'm done with them.
This experience with the GSYNC "upgrade" has really just been insult to injury now. After getting them to respond to the real question, the support guys don't know about any shortage, they don't know anything about the upgrades for the most part and now I'm being told to "hurry up and send it in" if I don't want to miss out.

Seriously ASUS, get it together.

Clintlgm
Level 14
From what I can make out from your post it sounds like you got one of the earlier models that did not have G-Sync? I think that issue was resolved in this Sticky Thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...! If I remember right the issues is a hardware change fix and you will have to send your notebook in if you want to resolve the issue? I also if I remember right some user were running into Asus running out of the new parts and user were getting back ordered during the RMA so perhaps that's what the tech was trying to tell you is they have the part but could run out again quickly. I have no Idea just guessing. Bahz if you PM him may be able to help out or not, its worth a PM to him or cl-albert.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
From what I can make out from your post it sounds like you got one of the earlier models that did not have G-Sync? I think that issue was resolved in this Sticky Thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...! If I remember right the issues is a hardware change fix and you will have to send your notebook in if you want to resolve the issue? I also if I remember right some user were running into Asus running out of the new parts and user were getting back ordered during the RMA so perhaps that's what the tech was trying to tell you is they have the part but could run out again quickly. I have no Idea just guessing. Bahz if you PM him may be able to help out or not, its worth a PM to him or cl-albert.

Yea, that's what I'm talking about. Applied for that "upgrade" and get a response back about some other customers ticket.

1st reply, they sent me the a different customers ticket response.
2nd reply, they asked for my info about the upgrade.
3rd reply, they know nothing about parts shortages.
4th reply, admin they might have parts shortages.
5th reply, agree they might have parts shortages for my direct upgrade but I better send it in and downgrade my motherboard before this offer ends.
6th reply, admit they don't have my processor/motherboard and that I'll be notified when it's available (fat chance).

I'm paraphrasing a lot of this here but it's much worse if you see the actual email chain. It's no wonder they screwed me out of my warranty and never repaired the damage they did the first visit to them.

Bahz
Level 12
I understand the frustration, however the 4710HQ/4720HQ are ordered so it means that they're comming. The only problem right now is the supplier, there's nothing that can be done if suppliers don't have these in stock and have trouble manufacturing them. They accepted the order so it means the quantity will be fulfilled, but we aren't sure when exactly but when we do have this info, we'll let everyone know.

zedekiah
Level 7
Asoryu wrote:
So besides buying a laptop that was and is still defective out of the box, having not been made whole during the warranty period, and being asked to pay for an update to my laptop that we all know already exists on the current hardware.

When I put in my ticket to ASUS asking for the information about the "upgrade" to my G751JT here is the response verbatim. Please keep in mind that my name isn't Ben.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support. My name is AinsleyM and I am sorry that you are having this issue with your unit.

I am more than happy to assist you in resolving this.

I am sorry Ben , we would not be able to send you a replacement screw. The notebook would have to be sent to ASUS to have this resolved. I do apologize.

Please contact us to have a RMA processed to have the unit sent to ASUS.

Please make note of your case number for future reference: (Deleted to protect the innocent)

Feel free to contact us here at ASUS anytime for support. We are happy to assist!
For additional assistance our Customer Support phone numbers are 1-888-678-3688 or 1-877-339-2787.
You may also use our Live Chat option. Here's the link: https://secure.livechatinc.com/licence/1792571/open_chat.cgi

Best Regards,
Ainsley M.

For several months this is the kind of support I received from ASUS and frankly, I can't understand how they are still in business. I grew so frustrated with no answers and their representatives not responding or not following through that I've given up and basically have thrown away about 1800 dollars.

If any of you ASUS representatives are listening, this is how you lose a customer for life.

Yea, seriously, I am baffled that this was the same brand I bought my beloved G60Vx 6-7 years ago. The after-sales support nowadays sucks. No definite timeline
on the repair, also Local vs Global warranty? People that can buy their product definitely can go travel, and not having security/warranty on other countries sucks.
Submitted the unit for diagnostics on Jan 21ish, just got the unit back and the right exhaust fan is not working.... yea pretty much we threw out $1800ish for
subpar products. Never again....

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
"User Experience" as always, the most important aspect in every business no matter in food, tech, or services.
If Asus can focus and invest a little more on that, Now Asus will be top market shareholder.

hexaae
Level 12
Yeah.
The HW is good, very nice design (don't like I can't open the bottom part to quickly access components but this is another story...), silent powerful laptops.
What's totally missing is a decent support, and keep in mind these are 1500-2000€ products: WE NEED a decent support for that price, and not the same treatment as if we bought a cheap 200€ notebook at a mall market.

Serious, dedicated support for expensive luxury ROGs + decent software support (many of these ROGs still have unsolved serious BIOS/drivers issues!) is what's really missing and keeping users away from ASUS.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Kidfisto
Level 7
Stil waiting for answer for my G752VY issues with sleep, since January, paid 2200€. Expected more.