cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Support Please help me with my PG279Q

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
My god after 5-6 replacements I still have the same exact issue, except this panel is perfect, no Backlight bleed and no uniformity issue at all but he same issue where every once in a while a line from middle of the screen relocates to the right side of the screen and a quick turn off and on or Alt+Tab fixes it, I made another video to demonstrate it on the new replacement. It seems to be a firmware issue as I had the exact same issue with XB271HU.

Here is the post from Acer regarding the same issue:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/Line-down-the-middle-overlapping-image/m-p/430049#M29...

and here is my Video:

60 REPLIES 60

Jagdseelen
Level 8
Don't hold your breath for ASUS support to contact you as they are very bad at replying to problems.

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Siamak,

I'll message you over PM.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi Siamak,

I'll message you over PM.

Thanks,
Bahz

Hi Bahz,

I have sent you a PM with all the info as well as my purchase receipt.

I had exact the same issue with my PG279Q, just the line always relocated to the left border of the screen. I've noticed that it happens mostly during ALT-TABbing a game (in full screen mode) with G-SYNC enabled or while toggling a full screen at YouTube.

Just for info - besides the monitor I had a 1080p TV plugged in via HDMI, as my second desktop (they were set to Extend mode in Windows 10 - "Extend: The desktop of your PC is extended across the two monitors and allows you to have a desktop that spans across both monitors."). The PG279Q was set to 144Hz and I had the latest nVidia drivers installed.

While this issue is quite annoying (it gave me a feeling of being a hardware beta tester for Asus) I could live with it, unfortunately my unit got dust under screen covering a few pixels (or a cluster of defective pixels - see attached photos) visible with bare eye as a dark spot on screen, which is totally unacceptable for such premium product. Therefore I have returned it to the supplier and now I'm waiting for his decision whether they will send a new one or refund me money.

kasztun wrote:
I had exact the same issue with my PG279Q, just the line always relocated to the left border of the screen. I've noticed that it happens mostly during ALT-TABbing a game (in full screen mode) with G-SYNC enabled or while toggling a full screen at YouTube.

Same issue I had with my first PG279Q. The line would relocate to the left hand side of the screen in that blank area between the bezel and the normal screen area. Sometimes, there'd also be a very fine line down the middle of the screen as if the frame split into two. A monitor restart would usually fix the problem.

Fortunately, I discovered this issue before my 30 days was up. 14 days into ownership of the replacement PG279Q, no issues, yet.

That is REALLY a bummer that the firmware update requires the monitor to be sent in for service. What a total pain!

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
Yea it seems Asus is either clueless about this issue or they are just ignoring it, EVERY single PG279Q and XB271HU ( Same panel ) has this issue: Acer was nice enought to address it as it's just a Firmware issue and nothing else but this is a reply I got from Asus

" I'm just wondering if the line on the right side of the screen affects you during games? I personally haven't seen anyone mention specifically about this issue but you mentioned that you've seen this issue on practically every single monitor you've been replaced with previously.

Thanks,
Bahz "

I even posted a video as well as link to Acer tech support post:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/Line-down-the-middle-overlapping-image/m-p/430049#M29...

" Re: Line down the middle, overlapping image
Friday
All,

We have identified the issue that can cause the middle of the display to be offset occasionally and we can correct this. It will require a firmware update performed by our service center, but I have been informed that there are no long term complications if you decide not to have this issue addressed. The firmware update is currently scheduled to be available in the later part of May. I will confirm in this thread when it is available and our support staff is trained on the subject.

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and that we’re not able to provide a solution that you can apply yourself however our support teams will available to help take care of the arrangements of getting your monitor serviced.

Cory
Remember "

I feel extremely upset from Asus support after spending so much money on just this monitor alone....

Dysternaut
Level 7
Man, Asus obviously don't care about these issues with this monitor, or they would have done something about it. Read the forums and customer reviews around the net. There are so many issues with this monitor it boggles the mind.

I hope you get your money back and buy yourself a monitor from a brand that takes their customers seriously.

Bahz
Level 12
Siamak, I appreciate the information and I've followed up with our Monitor team and they've contacted Nvidia regarding this and Nvidia is the one that's releasing the firmware to address this issue.

The firmware was just recently released by Nvidia to partners, we're working with them to make sure the issue is fixed on all the models affected. A new firmware for our monitors will be released very soon.

Also please note that I don't represent ASUS support as I'm "not" in customer service so your comment saying that ASUS is clueless about this issue should actually mean that I'm clueless about this issue, which is correct.

Bahz wrote:
Siamak, I appreciate the information and I've followed up with our Monitor team and they've contacted Nvidia regarding this and Nvidia is the one that's releasing the firmware to address this issue.

The firmware was just recently released by Nvidia to partners, we're working with them to make sure the issue is fixed on all the models affected. A new firmware for our monitors will be released very soon.

Also please note that I don't represent ASUS support as I'm "not" in customer service so your comment saying that ASUS is clueless about this issue should actually mean that I'm clueless about this issue, which is correct.

Dear Bahz

Thank you for the followup, I hope I don't have to send in my monitor for firmware upgrade as I really don't want my unit to be damaged/scratched/ or replaced ( since after several replacements this unit is perfect pixel with no backlight bleed ) during transit.