CPU CoolerEK Custom Loop
    CaseFractal Design Define R6
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1000 T2
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
    Headset Sennheiser G4ME Zero
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I apologize for the late announcement of the firmware update for the PG279Q as our service team has been taking additional precautions to make sure all the service centers are ready.

Please see the annoucement thread in the link below:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...G-SWIFT-PG279Q
    Dear Bahz, I've been chatting with your support team for past hour and the guy named Manny P wants to have my monitor replace WHICH I DONT WANT and have no clue regarding the Firmware update program please help me: Case number: WTM20160831070156326

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by I-Siamak-I View Post
    Dear Bahz, I've been chatting with your support team for past hour and the guy named Manny P wants to have my monitor replace WHICH I DONT WANT and have no clue regarding the Firmware update program please help me: Case number: WTM20160831070156326
    Sorry to hear about that, I'll follow up and get them to reply to you as soon as possible.

New ROGer Array

Hi Bahz,
    I just recently purchased this monitor. I've had it for about a week and it seems to be working well.

The monitor shows that it was manufactured in December 2015, which means it would have the defective firmware installed. Should I be worried about this? The stickied post suggests that all PG279Q's have this issue.

If I were to upgrade from my GTX 970's to, say, an Nvidia 10 series card, will there be a chance that I'll suddenly encounter this issue? It would make me feel better to have some assurances that this would not be the case. There is still plenty of time for me to return this monitor for a full refund or replacement from the retailer.

TIA for your reply!

Ex-employee Array

Hi Sangrak,

We didn't list any SN range or manufacturing date range because if you don't have the mentioned issues with the monitor then you don't have any problems and don't need the firmware update.

If you're currently using the GTX 970 and not experiencing any similar issues then you're not likely to experience any issues when upgrading to an GTX 1070.

Best Regards,
    Bahz

New ROGer Array

Hi Sangrak,

We didn't list any SN range or manufacturing date range because if you don't have the mentioned issues with the monitor then you don't have any problems and don't need the firmware update.

If you're currently using the GTX 970 and not experiencing any similar issues then you're not likely to experience any issues when upgrading to an GTX 1070.

Best Regards,
    Bahz
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm very happy with the monitor so far.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sangrak View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm very happy with the monitor so far.
    I'm glad to hear

ROG Enthusiast Array I-Siamak-I PC Specs
    I-Siamak-I PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus X Code
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Essence STX II
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Custom Loop

Hi Sangrak,

Best Regards,
    Bahz
    Dear Bahz, I'm running GTX 980 Ti and also in fact my monitor is effected with the bug as you can see in my Video in page 1, anyways I managed to get an RMA# Which I was told I by your support team I could take it to the service center in CA: 17990 East Ajax Circle, City of Industry, CA, 91748 by myself, I was hoping they could perform the Firmware update then and there so I could avoid another 2 hour Trip there and they could avoid the shipping fees to send it back to me.

Ex-employee Array

Unfortunately most of the time they have a queue based on the order the RMAs are received to be fair for all customers so it's usually not possible to process the RMA within the same business day.

ROG Enthusiast Array I-Siamak-I PC Specs
    I-Siamak-I PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus X Code
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Essence STX II
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Custom Loop

Ok guys so here is the story, the day before yesterday I drove 1.5 hour to the Service Center in California because I wanted to avoid any physical damage to my unit. when I arrived at first they were confused a bit regarding my issue but soon after their manager came in and helped me out and thankfully they have just received the so called Tools and firmware that morning. the manager was extremely helpful and was shocked that I drove all the way instead of shipping it, he offered me Tea/Coffee while I was waiting cuz he didn't wanna send me back empty handed, then he even brought me bottle of water and some cookies while I was waiting. long story short, they managed to install the firmware after about 2 hours since it was the first time they were doing it on PG279Q and had some technical difficulties ( apparently the firmware is not plug and play after all and needed some actual programming), anyways 2 days has passed and my unit so far hasn't shown a single sign of the initial issue and I noticed the panel much more responsive in a way when Alt+Tab in and out of games and Gsync re-enables instantly.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by I-Siamak-I View Post
    Ok guys so here is the story, the day before yesterday I drove 1.5 hour to the Service Center in California because I wanted to avoid any physical damage to my unit. when I arrived at first they were confused a bit regarding my issue but soon after their manager came in and helped me out and thankfully they have just received the so called Tools and firmware that morning. the manager was extremely helpful and was shocked that I drove all the way instead of shipping it, he offered me Tea/Coffee while I was waiting cuz he didn't wanna send me back empty handed, then he even brought me bottle of water and some cookies while I was waiting. long story short, they managed to install the firmware after about 2 hours since it was the first time they were doing it on PG279Q and had some technical difficulties ( apparently the firmware is not plug and play after all and needed some actual programming), anyways 2 days has passed and my unit so far hasn't shown a single sign of the initial issue and I noticed the panel much more responsive in a way when Alt+Tab in and out of games and Gsync re-enables instantly.
    Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm glad to hear that the issue is now resolved for you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast